Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C02 canister use

• 29-05-2012 3:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

Lads,

Was just practicing tyre changes and noticed that I was only inflating the tyres to about 70psi with the 16gram canisters. I thought I had inflated them higher and the canisters had loads left.

Any tips on using them correctly and getting 100psi+?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Rawhead wrote: »
    Lads,

Was just practicing tyre changes and noticed that I was only inflating the tyres to about 70psi with the 16gram canisters. I thought I had inflated them higher and the canisters had loads left.

Any tips on using them correctly and getting 100psi+?

Use the rule of thumb.

At home inflate the tyre with a track pump and gauge to 100psi. 'Learn' how the tyre feels at that pressure using your thumb to squeeze the tyre and then when you are using the gas (I presume when replacing tubes when racing) you will have a fair idea of the tyre pressure to allow you finish the race.

Advertisement