Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday XGC Casuals 30/5/12

Options
  • 29-05-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

whos up for some games this Wednesday? according to the weather forecast it should be cloudy/some showers .... so good weather for staying inside :P

i have a few mates wanting to come in for Marvel, a upcoming Zero player, my 2 collage mates (Robin and Emmet) then of course Koko.

ill be in at around 3:00pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can't make it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Should be in in the afternoon hopefully but dunno what time yet. Not before about 4 anyway I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I will wait to hear from Doyler...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I'll be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

The Hound wrote: »
    I will wait to hear from Doyler...

I'l go.

If it's sunny out I'l got for 5.30 ish

If not il go a bit earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I could do with some AE casuals, and will call in after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

I might drop in after work, for a few AE's.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

might do but probably wont.

Someone plz bring AE

The Hound wrote: »
    Someone plz bring AE

I can bring it, but I'm working late, so earliest I can make it in is around 8pm.

Will anyone still be around then?

• Advertisement

heading in for 8 will bring ae

GGs to all, well bodied as per usual. I won around 5 out of 15 so it wasn't too bad though. Nice rotation going on. Place was packed too.

GGs all, only got in for a couple of hours but was great craic.

ggs all, great AE turn out. Great to have all the best Dublin AE players in.. aside from Stev0 ofc Should all go more often.

Good games all.
    Darachnid wrote: »
    Nice rotation going on. Place was packed too.

Agreed. Nice to meet you as well in person.

Doyler01 wrote: »
    ggs all, great AE turn out. Great to have all the best Dublin AE players in.. aside from Stev0 ofc Should all go more often.
    Ye defo. Ggs to all as well

I wouldn't call myself 'great' by any stretch, but cheers anyway. ;)

Oh btw 2gen, I think I shouldn't have given you that tenner, was just really confused at the time. Don't think you were owed any money back after all. We were up twenty quid at this casuals counting that tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Oh btw 2gen, I think I shouldn't have given you that tenner, was just really confused at the time. Don't think you were owed any money back after all. We were up twenty quid at this casuals counting that tenner.

ill give back that tenner on Saturday then.

Is there one of these happening this Saturday? I'm hoping to get in for a couple of hours in the early afternoon. What's the story with cash? How does it work?

I won't be able to keep up with you guys, i haven't played in a long time, but i want to get back into SF, and i could use some schooling from someone in-person instead of over XBL.

• Advertisement

Is there one of these happening this Saturday?

Most likely not, due to Inferno being on the same day.

Infernos are great craic and have casual set-ups, you should come to that.

Most likely not, due to Inferno being on the same day.

Infernos are great craic and have casual set-ups, you should come to that.

Sounds good. Where is it on and when/what time? Info on it seems sparse online, is there a website?

What's the venue fee?

Is it a ranbat/qualifier or a final tourney?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sounds good. Where is it on and when/what time? Info on it seems sparse online, is there a website?

What's the venue fee?

Is it a ranbat/qualifier or a final tourney?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056656510

It's just a tournament, any questions feel free to ask there.

Doyler01 wrote: »

Ouch!

It's just a tournament, any questions feel free to ask there.

Perfect, thank you. I'm presuming that's the exchange arts centre in Templebar? I will make every effort to come in and at least spectate and shoot the sheeyit for a couple of hours during the afternoon, and will have my 360 controller with me just in case.

Perfect, thank you. I'm presuming that's the exchange arts centre in Templebar? I will make every effort to come in and at least spectate and shoot the sheeyit for a couple of hours during the afternoon, and will have my 360 controller with me just in case.

Yes, that Exchange, and I would heartily recommend just diving in and playing in the tournament, everyone is nervous before they try one out but there's no better way to tell if you enjoy them or not.

It's not about winning, the best I've never won an Inferno but the buzz is fun. :)

Yes, that Exchange, and I would heartily recommend just diving in and playing in the tournament, everyone is nervous before they try one out but there's no better way to tell if you enjoy them or not.

Lol, it wouldn't be my first rodeo if i did, but i just am just not frosty enough to be tournament ready for Saturday. I literally haven't played the game (or streetfighter in general) once this year. If i get to switch on my xbox before the weekend it will be a miracle, and I need to brush up on the 2012 changes and go over my B&Bs and other stuff before i compete, or I'd just be annoyed with my performance. I have no fear of losing, but it would bother me not to be able to say i gave my best shot on the day, and I'm nowhere near that level at the moment.

I need to knock the rust off first, but once i get some games under my belt over the next while, i will defo be looking to enter some tourneys.

I need to knock the rust off first, but once i get some games under my belt over the next while, i will defo be looking to enter some tourneys.

I think this approach can very easily lead to a cycle of never showing up.

Once you're not coming to this tournament, you have until the next one to practice. But the next one isn't for a month, so you don't need to practice now, you can do it later.....

Next tournament comes around unexpectedly quickly, you still haven't practiced, so you'll just attend the next one.

Rinse and repeat.

I think this approach can very easily lead to a cycle of never showing up...

I get where you're coming from, really i do, but i've actually made arrangements to turn up this saturday, albeit as a spectator and maybe play some casuals. The plan is to be regular at casuals etc from now on, as it's probably be the only chance I'll get at all to practice, or to play anything at all on xbox, full stop (and i miss my xbox).

My life is mad busy at the moment, and XBL is not really an option at home. The only way i'll get to play seriously is by actually blocking off time and turning up at events, which i really want to do. Don't worry, i won't no-show, you'll all get a chance to stamp on my rubbish deejay and scrubby ryu soon. I might even bring out dictator if i feel like getting walked on alltogether.

• Advertisement

Ouch!

Is Cellbridge in Dublin? :confused:

Advertisement