Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Cut Pro X tracking

• 29-05-2012 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I've a small issue with Final Cut Pro, I'm trying to pan text with an object in the background.

I've 2 layers, A background image that is 'panning' and the text on top, I want the text to sit over a specific point on the image for the entire clip so it needs to pan with it.

I've tried moving the clip and then keyframing the text to the same position but this is a slow process and doesn't look great. The background layer is a wide image so if there was either someway I could add my text layer on top of it so it pans with it(I still need to apply effects to it though) or a way or adding a marker to the background and keyframing position to that?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement