Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone booster - does it boost meteor phones also?

Options
  • 29-05-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi have vodafone landline and vodafone mobile (30 day sim contract). Coverage can be patchy, have to switch off 3G in the house. Want to commit to a better deal/plan and am presently checking out other networks. Seems meteor is 2nd best re-coverage to Vodafone, and offer a better deal. Question is - does anyone know if the vodafone booster could boost meteor coverage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

morissey wrote: »
    Hi have vodafone landline and vodafone mobile (30 day sim contract). Coverage can be patchy, have to switch off 3G in the house. Want to commit to a better deal/plan and am presently checking out other networks. Seems meteor is 2nd best re-coverage to Vodafone, and offer a better deal. Question is - does anyone know if the vodafone booster could boost meteor coverage?

Vodafone sure signal only works with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

when you say Vodafone booster do you mean the Vodafone Sure Signal?

If so then this box only works with Vodafone phone numbers and you can add up to nine numbers.

The device however does not need Vodafone broadband to work, it will work over any internet connection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It should only work on Vodafone frequencies ....arguably on Meteors too in rural areas in the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It should only work on Vodafone frequencies ....arguably on Meteors too in rural areas in the west.

Vodafone permission each phone in the device via their telephone numbers. If you give them non vodafone number they will not add them. I know as I tried! They also do not give you any access to the device to manage yourself.

BTW: I have one and it works really well. Without it I have no mobile signal in my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's not a booster, it's a picocell.

The device actually creates a small 3G cell in your house and backhauls the data over your broadband connection, not over the air.

Each phone that's being connected to it has to be authorised and it only supplies the Vodafone network.

No other type of phone or network, including any MVNOs using Vodafone's transmitters will work on it.

Don't bother using 3G data on it btw, as you're just paying Vodafone to use your own broadband at home!!
    Set up WiFi on your phone instead. It's fine for voice/SMS though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

Don't know why people think it's a booster..they simply route your calls and texts via your broadband
    Good concept and works well though

Advertisement