Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need proof of address to change the address of your bank account?

Options
  • 29-05-2012 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭

If I want to get bank statements sent to a new address do I need to prove I live there? It's student accommodation so i don't pay any bills in my name.

Also if you ask them to send out a bank statement to the new address how long would you expect it to take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

I dont think so, I changed address and called into my aib branch and it turned out i had forgotten my wallet, account number & ID so after talking to the customer service and answering a few question about recent tranactions they believed it was my account they changed it there for me no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

No you don't I changed mine recently and it was easy enouhg. I did have to fill out some form however.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

SugarHigh wrote: »
    If I want to get bank statements sent to a new address do I need to prove I live there? It's student accommodation so i don't pay any bills in my name.

Also if you ask them to send out a bank statement to the new address how long would you expect it to take?

Some online bankings even let you change it yourself online...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

No.

However they should ask for a written instruction to effect the change.

Advertisement