Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Mind Facility. Confused

Options
  • 29-05-2012 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I need some help/advice please. Basically, I applied for just one course in UCD as a mature student by 1st Feb as I was sure that was the only course I wanted to do. However, now I want to do something completely different (in DCU) and would like to add it on the 'change of mind' facility on the CAO.

My question is: Can you add a course from an institution that you did not apply to by the feb 1st/ may 1st deadlines? Would my chances of getting offered this new course be diminished because it is so late?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Hey,

Slightly different situations, but I applied after Feb 1st to AIT and DIT. I've an interview for AIT and I know DIT have places for late applicants as their admissions office let me know my app was with others and would be considered for interview.

So I reckon if you check if the course takes late applications, put in through on CAO and then get onto the college. All the admissions offices are really helpful that I've heard of so I wouldn't be afraid to call... :)

Advertisement