Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIG NA TIT ORM-2012 HELP!!!

Options
  • 29-05-2012 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Please help!! :/ my teacher has given us virtually NO notes for the book. She said we only have to do up to Chapter 8 with the new syllabus, but has given us no help whatsoever :/
    I'm trying to write out my own notes chapter by chapter but I have no idea what are the main points to focus in on in each chapter. If any one could please please please give me some notes on chapters 2-8 (1 is grand) that would be amazing!!! email me: <snip>
    I can swap you notes on TNTO for notes on the Poetry if you want or in a dif subject like English.

THANKS & GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.:D

Mod note - do not post email addresses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I would just like to say you would probably be better in just learning some answers at this stage.The good thing about Thig Na Tit Orm is the questions are very nice on it. I have an answer prepared for it and that is all I have learning for it. Greann agus Oige are generally the things you are asked about and you can interchange the two of them.
    My answer is just basically the funny events that happened which you can say these show humour or youth..Easy stuff like!

If you want anymore help just give me a shout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Arie.c

Ok thanks. Very stressed, feel so unprepared as the LC draws closer. Thanks for the advice though, think I'm just going to have to do that. Thanks!

Arie.c wrote: »
    Ok thanks. Very stressed, feel so unprepared as the LC draws closer. Thanks for the advice though, think I'm just going to have to do that. Thanks!

No problem even if you can talk about 4 events that happened you should be fine :D

Cool cool.... I did o badly in Irish for my pre, only got about 55% which is awful, I got like 80+ for the Junior Cert.. It may be way different but its still a massive blow.. Hoping with the Oral and Aural and with the proper study and practise since February that I will be about 70% ... thats the aim anyway :/

Cool cool.... I did o badly in Irish for my pre, only got about 55% which is awful, I got like 80+ for the Junior Cert.. It may be way different but its still a massive blow.. Hoping with the Oral and Aural and with the proper study and practise since February that I will be about 70% ... thats the aim anyway :/

I got 65% in the written pre paper but got 190/240 in my oral to bring me up to a B3. I am aiming for a B1 and hoping it all goes well....I had a practice mock oral before the real thing and got an A1 but not usre if my real one went so well :P Anyways the aural is generally my worst section :/ Good luck Im sure you will get at least a B3 :D

• Advertisement

Ya I had a practise oral too and got an A2... I normally get about 80% in the aural.... So fingers crossed! You too best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

I think most marks are for eolas and not too much for the actual gaeilge, so i just learn a few sentences on eachtras i'd say, there isn't much they could ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I wouldnt go chapter by chapter.
    You just need a few answers prepared .. not even to learn off full essays, but key things to talk about in each.
    I have a summarised notes book on it, and it has a few possible question topics at the back. I can check the name of it tomorrow if you want?

Oh and just remember, its worth sweet **** all. Focus on essays, tape and leamhtuiscints and you'll be grand. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Few years since I did my leaving but i used this and found it awesome
    http://www.abcbooks.ie/sBookimages/1872/1872019188.jpg

Its written by micheal o hoibicin. Not sure where you'd get it though. Good luck :D

Few years since I did my leaving but i used this and found it awesome
    http://www.abcbooks.ie/sBookimages/1872/1872019188.jpg

Its written by micheal o hoibicin. Not sure where you'd get it though. Good luck :D

Thats the one I have!

• Advertisement

biohaiid wrote: »
    I wouldnt go chapter by chapter.
    You just need a few answers prepared .. not even to learn off full essays, but key things to talk about in each.
    I have a summarised notes book on it, and it has a few possible question topics at the back. I can check the name of it tomorrow if you want?

Oh and just remember, its worth sweet **** all. Focus on essays, tape and leamhtuiscints and you'll be grand. :)

Yes pleeeeeeaaaase??? I just need any help possible to be honest.. I would really appreciate it if you could write to me with help here or to my email (Do not post your email address - Mod) thank you in advance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Yes pleeeeeeaaaase??? I just need any help possible to be honest.. I would really appreciate it if you could write to me with help here or to my email Don't post your email thank you in advance!!

You shouldn't post your email address... Just PM him! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

This story was so incredibly boring that I never listened in class for all eight chapters. I have no idea what to write and notes are virtually non-existent sans chapter summaries.

I really don't see why they don't just give us the story in English, I don't plan to quote and it's not as if we don't already circumvent the Irish course at any chance we get.

ChemHickey wrote: »

Sure be graaaand :P

ChemHickey wrote: »

*her.

Yes pleeeeeeaaaase??? I just need any help possible to be honest.. I would really appreciate it if you could write to me with help here or to my email <snip> thank you in advance!!

Look at the link mrsportsman left, thats the one. :)
    3 best essays to cover would be Scoile, 3 treithe and Saol Crua .. that should cover ya :)

Advertisement