Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Co. Council Bins?

Options
  • 29-05-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Ok, so last November we moved into our house in Wexford town and there were wheelie bins already there (I assume council bins) with stickers saying December 2011, so we used these bins until then, in January, we set up a private account with AES as instructed by the letting agents. Today, I received a letter from my landlord with two bin stickers in it with the AES logo saying December 2012.. I'm confused, do I put these on the council bins we already have? Surely I dont put them on our new bins as my landlord would know nothing about them? I thought they were for my new bins because they were AES but I was told that the council are now using AES too?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭john47

AES bought the council refuse business last year.

Sounds like your landlord has a wheelie bin account that he pays for that used to be with the council and now with AES.

Then you went and got your own account with AES so basically there are 2 accounts on the same household from AES - ooops...

John Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Yeah it looks like your paying for bins needlessly as your landlord has already paid for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Well thats extremely annoying.. Thanks though guys. Now do the council bins get collected as per the AES calendar I have or are they different does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Well thats extremely annoying.. Thanks though guys. Now do the council bins get collected as per the AES calendar I have or are they different does anyone know?

They are pretty much the same as before afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭john47

And if your not sure if it is recycling or waste day leave both bins out and they will take whichever one they are supposed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Yep turns out we had two accounts, one costing a lot more than the other, all sorted now :)

Ta for the help!

Advertisement