Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Repair

Options
  • 29-05-2012 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭

Hi All

A friend of mine is having problems with their laptop (less than 13 months old and just outside warranty). It has been failing intermittently to power on the past week or so. It has decided not to power on at all since yesterday. Just looking for some computer savvy person that won't cost the price of a new laptop to get it sorted out :D.
    Oh BTW they need it sorted in the next couple of days therefore PC world's (3 week repair time) is not applicable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Check if it turns on with the battery taken out and the cable plugged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Faq wrote: »
    Check if it turns on with the battery taken out and the cable plugged in.

Thanks I'll try that and get back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

It might just be the charger, if you bring it down to me I will check with a universal one for you.

Do you get any lights on the laptop / charger when its plugged in.

• Site Banned Posts: 5 givepress3

I'll repair it for ya send it to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

hearny wrote: »
    It might just be the charger, if you bring it down to me I will check with a universal one for you.

Do you get any lights on the laptop / charger when its plugged in.

Ill get them to check today. I have your details from your website. I'll ring you later. Thanks :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement