Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decking question???

• 29-05-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Made up the framework for a deck last week made the frame out of 9x2 and expressed nailed it onto the exterior wall of the house after a bit of research and I suppose I should have known out of common sense I should have left a gap between that joist and the house. Anyway the framework is done now is there any way of fixing this problem or would it be alrite I suppose I'm afraid of it creating damp issues with water getting trapped between the joist and exterior wall ne advice appreciated really don't want to undo all the framework would be a disaster. Forgot to mention none of the decking is laid yet..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Well for the sake of getting a jemmy bar and popping it off the wall and as the deck is not yet fitted sure why not, by the way next time use screws express nails are a curse to remove, you can buy screws in any builders providers that screw into concrate no plugs needed and any mistakes you just screw them back off no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi Toshi
    tack 100mm dpc on top of joist and make sure it is tight to wall and turn down on 9 x 2. Before you put decking down run a line of silicone across dpc at wall . the put deck down and all will not seen.
    NW

Advertisement