Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tethering Nokia E63-1 Tescomobile PAYG as modem to MacMini OS X 10.6.8 (32-bit)

• 29-05-2012 4:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

This has me bet. I am no longer a Master of the Small Tech Universe, I feel myself spiralling downwards into the 1980's with modem scripts, diall-up access and analogue modems.

The reason for wanting to do this is the Tescomobile 30-day offer of 6.99 and the felexibility of not having to to be tethered to a contract.

Please be gentle with me, my poor auld head is wrecked.

So please folks: How do tether my Nokia E63-1 Tescomobile PAYG phone as a modem to my MacMini OS X 10.6.8 (32-bit) via USB preferably for mobile internet access?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

use joikuspot, forget the usb and connect away !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Super pointer, thanks.

I'm running the Lite version in test-mode in the sticks at the moment, no reflection on the app, reception is dire at the best of times, but apart from the patchy signal, the app is a hum-dinger; sliced bread is in the half-penny place.

Once I recharge the credit-cards tomorrow, I'll be shopping for the Big Brother version. No wires, no dongles a once-off 9.00 yoyo charge and off we go.

Thanks again. Symbian still rocks (for a week or two more at least).

Advertisement