Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever get nagged for drinking?

• 29-05-2012 4:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

A lot of us will have enjoyed a nice weekend of drinking in the sun, so the last thing anyone wants is to be nagged by people about your drinking.

I've increased my drinking a lot this year and people have started commenting on it. It's the usual nonsense: o
    We're not comfortable with having you in our home or can you stay off the drink for tonight if you're coming to dinner .

Life is hassle enough without having my free time encroached upon by this kind of attitude.

Anyone else sick of these kind of moaners?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Occasionally the giant pink rabbit who lives with me will pass a remark about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

A lot of us will have enjoyed a nice weekend of drinking in the sun, so the last thing anyone wants is to be nagged by people about your drinking.

I've increased my drinking a lot this year and people have started commenting on it. It's the usual nonsense: o
    We're not comfortable with having you in our home or can you stay off the drink for tonight if you're coming to dinner .

Life is hassle enough without having my free time encroached upon by this kind of attitude.

While I am partial to the drink, maybe those people have a reason for not wanting you to drink around them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I wish I had someone to nag me about drinking ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

We're not comfortable with having you in our home [..]

What exactly do you be getting up to for such a remark, Sounds like they may have a point,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Their house, their rules surely ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yeah, I don't get nagged so much as the way women express they are annoyed by crossing their arms and legs aggressively and bouncing the top leg very fast.

I get that a lot though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Insert joke about naggin/naggin' here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Are you not the guy on some other thread who broke his fingers from drinking the other night? And did lots of other stuff too - I just can't remember what.
    If that is the case, I can see why you'd be getting "nagged"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Sre you an arsehole/nuisance after a few drinks? Sounds like you might be hence their discomfort being around you when on the lash.

have a good think about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Nope! I'm all on me lonesome so nobody to nag/give out to me! I usually only drink on a Saturday anyway....sometimes a Friday too but I make sure I have no prior commitments before I go to the pub and off I go for the sport, the banter and the betting :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Few naggin's, be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

OP..............is this you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

What exactly do you be getting up to for such a remark, Sounds like they may have a point,

Wooosh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Don't worry OP, it's just your inflatable dolls spouting hot air :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

It's his mother who says it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

People don't usually make remarks like that for no reason. Maybe they have more of a point than you're willing to condsider.

If people are telling you they aren't comfortable with you in their home when you've been drinking, surely that should be a big red flag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Just down 10 pints of Guinness and projectile-shiit that shiit at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I agree with you. Stop allowing your friends to cook you dinner and just stay at home and get pi$$ed there instead.

Did you ever claim that you made the BBC?

frag420 wrote: »
    OP..............is this you??

Yes, kinda - as he has been disabled from embedding also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I tend to drink to excess and I sometimes cause problems when I do, but I'm not much different to these people or many other Irish in this sense.

• Advertisement

Wooosh.

Eh, wooosh yourself mate.

Eh, wooosh yourself mate.

I would but I'm afraid of hurting my back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

In fairness drinking to excess when only going to a dinner is a bit problematic in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I tend to drink to excess and I sometimes cause problems when I do, but I'm not much different to these people or many other Irish in this sense.

You are if you're the only one being asked to stop because you're making people uncomfortable, and they don't want to be around you when you're drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

OP wrote:
    Do you ever get nagged for drinking?

Nope! I've a great missus in fairness :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I woke up in a Soho doorway, the policeman knew my name. He said 'you can go sleep at home tonight, if you can get up and walk away'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya but im an alco
    I seem to get nagged a lot more because of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Wooosh.

Sound of Mr Biscuits point going over the OP's head ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

M cebee wrote: »
    ya but im an alco
    I seem to get nagged a lot more because of it

You can say that again.

• Advertisement

Sound of Mr Biscuits point going over the OP's head ?

The OP's sarcasm going over Mr Biscuits's head.

Advertisement