Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever get nagged for drinking?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

The OP's sarcasm going over Mr Biscuits's head.

Hmm also apparently sound of stuff going over my head. No idea what your point is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Giselle wrote: »
    You are if you're the only one being asked to stop because you're making people uncomfortable, and they don't want to be around you when you're drunk.

Well what they don't realise is that all they're really just driving me back to the streets to drink alone. If they were concerned with people other than themselves and their pretentious little soiree they'd allow me to have a few drinks there and then leave instead of forbidding me from drinking.

The number of times I've ended up in a lane because of these kind of people is beyond calculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Ya OP, I get nagged a bit. I'm in the frame nudging business. The most common nags I get are "Who are you?" and "What are you doing here?"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Well what they don't realise is that all they're really just driving me back to the streets to drink alone. If they were concerned with people other than themselves and their pretentious little soiree they'd allow me to have a few drinks there and then leave instead of forbidding me from drinking.

The number of times I've ended up in a lane because of these kind of people is beyond calculation.

No, its because of your drinking you ended up in a lane.

What would you prefer they do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

God, I'm slow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

yes
    you don't end up in a lane because of nagging people

your addiction leads you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

I've increased my drinking a lot this year and people have started commenting on it. It's the usual nonsense: o
    We're not comfortable with having you in our home or can you stay off the drink for tonight if you're coming to dinner .

Hmmm, maybe you're drinking too much? I mean, I doubt a warning/request like that would be issued if there wasn't reason for it.

Wooosh.

This makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Hard living ain't for everyone, If your drinking is starting to affect others then you have to look at that. I'd a tendency once to become very emotional whilst heavily inebriated and cause trouble for my loved ones hence driving them away in the process. I had to look at what was wrong in my life and fix it before I could stop this behaviour. Now I drink heavier than ever but instead of being the destructive drunken clown I'm the bon viveur, the drunken sage who passes wisdoms to fellow inebriated companions whilst on benders.

The OP's sarcasm going over Mr Biscuits's head.

That's because the OP's attempt at sarcasm was poor.
    God, I'm slow.

Not really, it wasn't very obvious.

• Advertisement

I get nagged.... Am asked "were you drinking again last night?" when my wine glass is spotted on the draining board.
    I drink between 4 and 6 glasses of wine per week. Its just i only have one per night. My wife thinks i have a drink problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

what does happen on discussions is that drinkers put themselves in the shoes of alcoholics-so to speak

and think that the alcoholic can just cut down like they do

not referring to any post in particular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

I would but I'm afraid of hurting my back.

May I recommended the following book:

Ron Jeremy - A Lesson In Self Love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

derekeire wrote: »
    I drink between 4 and 6 glasses of wine per week. Its just i only have one per night. My wife thinks i have a drink problem.

You disgust me!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

I get nagged.... Am asked "were you drinking again last night?" when my wine glass is spotted on the draining board.

That doesn't sound too bad in fairness, show her this maybe;

http://www.winetutorial.com/articles.aspx?article=4&title=The%20Health%20Benefits%20of%20Wine

God, I'm slow.

Faster that me apparently. Still have no idea whats going on here.
    Sea Filly wrote: »
    That's because the OP's attempt at sarcasm was poor.

Not really, it wasn't very obvious.

And still isn't??!?!

Faster that me apparently. Still have no idea whats going on here.

Nor me.
    And still isn't??!?!

A parody on some real life event perhaps. Robert Downey drinking again?

F**k it. I'm going for pints !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

OP, I see what you're doing there. No, wait. I don't. What is this all about ?

z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

That's typical of people, selfish cnuts. OP invite them around to your place for beans on toast and ask them not to ruin the festive ambience with a stupid sober stupor :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Every post I've seen from the OP for the last week straight he's been going on about destroying himself with drink everyday. Admitting alcoholism, running around screaming out of his mind, losing friends, destroying their property, puking on their couch...
    He made a thread like two weeks back about keeping a special stash of spirits somewhere for when he needed it.

But not a mention of quitting. Not even a hint at it. I admire his gusto. If nothing else he should probably increase his intake since it gives him such a great buzz. I'm all for having a drop but damn it I reigned myself in eventually.

I'm seeing this as a roundabout cry for help or ditto for a bit of acceptance that his friends aren't giving him anymore. Or I'm being harsh.

Look, all I wanna know is if Frada is gonna try autofellatio or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Shryke wrote: »
    Every post I've seen from the OP for the last week straight he's been going on about destroying himself with drink everyday. Admitting alcoholism, running around screaming out of his mind, losing friends, destroying their property, puking on their couch...
    He made a thread like two weeks back about keeping a special stash of spirits somewhere for when he needed it.

But not a mention of quitting. Not even a hint at it. I admire his gusto. If nothing else he should probably increase his intake since it gives him such a great buzz. I'm all for having a drop but damn it I reigned myself in eventually.

I'm seeing this as a roundabout cry for help or ditto for a bit of acceptance that his friends aren't giving him anymore. Or I'm being harsh.
    I've seen a few of his threads/posts as well and I don't think he's genuine at all but just trying to get reactions from people.If what he claims happened at the weekend in another thread then he would not be "wondering" on here.:(

jluv wrote: »
    I've seen a few of his threads/posts as well and I don't think he's genuine at all but just trying to get reactions from people.If what he claims happened at the weekend in another thread then he would not be "wondering" on here.:(

He's playing an awful long con if he's taking the piss tbh and I don't see any payoff from it. It's not exactly hilarious, most in here seem to be scratching their heads.
    He might not be "wondering", he might just be locked again already. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

his posting seems to be coherent, plus how ignorant to be on boards while at dinner,

one of your post on an other thread you said you woke up and were stealing from the people you were staying over with (even though it might of been a different house you woke up in to the one you 1st went to visit) its time to stop being greedy and sell that laptop your using or PC to fund your escapades, or is it just easier to take things from other people,

that being said there is a good chance you are relating what you are seeing somebody else doing and this is your way of venting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

A lot of us will have enjoyed a nice weekend of drinking in the sun, so the last thing anyone wants is to be nagged by people about your drinking.

I've increased my drinking a lot this year and people have started commenting on it. It's the usual nonsense: o
    We're not comfortable with having you in our home or can you stay off the drink for tonight if you're coming to dinner .

Life is hassle enough without having my free time encroached upon by this kind of attitude. On Sunday he was posting that he drank 6 cans of Druids and a bottle of whiskey,stole from friends,puked on their sofa,fought with people etc
    At that stage he knew he was wrong but would prob do it again.
    So who's spare time is being encroached upon.
    And the comment about them driving him to drinking in the streets?
    Part of me really wants to be right because if I'm wrong it means someone is in a lot of trouble.
    So I'll stick to thinking it's a wind up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I have the complete opposite to this as everyone keeps buying me drink all the time for some reason. Maybe it's because i'm a very happy man after a few beers but I very rarely ever get drunk just a slight buzz. Or maybe theres a sinister side to why they all keep giving me free beer :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

zenno wrote: »
    I have the complete opposite to this as everyone keeps buying me drink all the time for some reason. Maybe it's because i'm a very happy man after a few beers but I very rarely ever get drunk just a slight buzz. Or maybe theres a sinister side to why they all keep giving me free beer :confused:

Sounds like you have a much sounder set of mates than my "frenemies".

• Site Banned Posts: 17 givepress

yea.. the guards are always naggin me when i go, They keep trying to get in their van for some reason.

• Advertisement

Only women have frenemies. If you're a guy then your friends probably just seethe with hatred, two steps from beating the crap out of you. Just spit balling.

Advertisement