Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order cancelled, goods still shipped

Options
  • 29-05-2012 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Placed an order from a large retailer for computer components, order of about 1000euro placed on credit terms, order was delayed delayed delayed for weeks and weeks so to cut a long story short, I asked to cancel the order. 3 days later, company says "sorry, shipped items today"- (It was a Monday when we cancelled).

Items arrived on (6 months ago). Asked them multiple times to make arrangements with us to send them back however we were ignored. They continue to ignore our phonecalls or emails. Only other contact we've had with firm is that they rang saying balance outstanding on account (4 months ago)- accounts dept were told situation and were sent the correspondence about trying to return items. No contact with company since.

Where do both I, and the firm stand legally now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

So you have it in writing that you cancelled within the allowable cancellation period?

If so then tell them you'll be requesting a chargeback with your credit card company and if they want their goods they can send a courier to go collect them from you .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

vicwatson wrote: »
    So you have it in writing that you cancelled within the allowable cancellation period?

If so then tell them you'll be requesting a chargeback with your credit card company and if they want their goods they can send a courier to go collect them from you .

Their website says a cancellation is allowable right up until the shipping stage- which we believed had not yet occurred when we cancelled

The goods were on credit terms as opposed to credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Their website says a cancellation is allowable right up until the shipping stage- which we believed had not yet occurred when we cancelled

The goods were on credit terms as opposed to credit card.

Ok, have you paid them anything yet? I assume not until you received the goods?

But as I say, if you cancelled them in accordance with their terms and conditions then give them an ultimatum, have the goods collected or they remain with me and they will not receive any payment from you, tell them you are not going to continue advising them to collect the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Make it clear that you cancelled the order due to delays and 3 days later they sent the goods. It is an unwarranted gift and they must collect them from you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's not clear from your first post if you are a consumer or a business, this could effect what rights you have. It sounds like a messy situation anyway, crazy that you haven't got it sorted after 6mths!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

This wouldn't be a certain online retailer with a presence on boards, pick up point in Blanch and beginning with a K would it. If so I'd suggest dropping the stuff back to them if its practical.

If its the notorious P one then well... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

This wouldn't be a certain online retailer with a presence on boards, pick up point in Blanch and beginning with a K would it. If so I'd suggest dropping the stuff back to them if its practical.

If its the notorious P one then well... :)

Neither, thankfully
    Mactard wrote: »
    It's not clear from your first post if you are a consumer or a business, this could effect what rights you have. It sounds like a messy situation anyway, crazy that you haven't got it sorted after 6mths!

We're not a business per sé but the nature of the organisation we're in meant we were able to get business credit terms for the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Legal definition
    “ consumer ” means a natural person (whether in the State or not) who is acting for purposes unrelated to the person’s trade, business or profession.
    Do you fit that description, it sounds like you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Neither, thankfully

The K one is actually very good. Can order without paying and if you don't pick up they just send it back no questions asked. Never had any bother with them - well apart from not puting GPS co-ordinates up for their tiny pick up point in the middle of no where :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Who has the most paperwork?

Do you have a written record of the cancellation?

How much does it cost to return the goods to the supplier?

• Advertisement
Advertisement