Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad Parenting

• 29-05-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Saw the same thing TWICE today that really annoyed me.

Firstly driving to the city centre for work there was a woman pushing a buggy along with headphones in which is fine. But not when you have a young girl of about 6 tagging along with you. What if something happened to this child while you were walking. I wanted to stop the car and say something to this woman. So while i'm in work this is still bugging me and i'm thinking this couldn't be an everyday thing.

So i'm waling to the shop for lunch and along comes a well presented father in a suit who has colleceted his young daughter no older than 7 from school. I pod in hand earphones in the ears and daughter struggling to keep up with him as he walks along oblivous to anything that his child is doing.

Really made my blood boil and had to get that off my chest !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Maybe he was listening to a better parenting blog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

How many kids have you OP?

Maybe these people were just babysitting these kids.

So i'm waling to the shop

You should be careful waling with children about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

How did you know the ipods were on?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

I have 2 kids,and would never walk with these on the street with out giving them my full attention

• Advertisement

I think dixons has a department for children trafficked into the country to be used to accompany your ipod. Kinda like docking stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

hondasam wrote: »
    How many kids have you OP?

Or maybe they were kidnapping them. Try not to judge people, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

This is really stressing you out?

You've got to learn to relax OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

KingK wrote: »
    Saw the same thing TWICE today that really annoyed me.

Firstly driving to the city centre for work there was a woman pushing a buggy along with headphones in which is fine. But not when you have a young girl of about 6 tagging along with you. What if something happened to this child while you were walking. I wanted to stop the car and say something to this woman. So while i'm in work this is still bugging me and i'm thinking this couldn't be an everyday thing.

So i'm waling to the shop for lunch and along comes a well presented father in a suit who has colleceted his young daughter no older than 7 from school. I pod in hand earphones in the ears and daughter struggling to keep up with him as he walks along oblivous to anything that his child is doing.

Really made my blood boil and had to get that off my chest !!!

I don't know why but that post reminded me of my grandad.
    He used pick me up from school when he was in his 70's and he'd always insist on taking my schoolbag, which weighed a ton. He wouldn't let me carry it. :o

He also used ask me if he was walking too fast for me. I was seven.
    What a gent!
    I blame him for my high expectations from men now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Some people annoy me, they don't have kids because they want them, only to 'continue the family line'

/1800s :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

That kind of makes it worse ... they take money to do a job badly ...

Maybe its a new breed of child stalkers who go around following men in suits as they arrive on the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

1850 715 815
    joe@rte.ie

It's good to talk OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Or it could have just been an ear piece for there iphone.

Seriously I can think of worse things iv seen patents do

Damn kids should have their own I pods, that will teach the parents not to ignore them in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

How would she hear you with her 'well massive tunes' blaring away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Damn kids should have their own I pods, that will teach the parents not to ignore them in future.

I gave my kids pea-pods because that's the way I roll.

I have 2 kids,and would never walk with these on the street with out giving them my full attention

You win parent of the year.

Some amount of gob****es on boards.ie

You win that title as well. You are doing well this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

You must get knocked down on a regular basis:D

27 thousand odd posts? you seem like a popular guy. No actually you don't you seem like a ****ing loser who sits on a computer all day talking to his 'friends' who hes never met cause your such a ****ing loser who cant make real friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

27 thousand odd posts? you seem like a popular guy. No actually you don't you seem like a ****ing loser who sits on a computer all day talking to his 'friends' who hes never met cause your such a ****ing loser who cant make real friends

Jeez.....easy there. Haven't you got kids to be looking after?

I dunno who that popular guy is cause I'm a popular girl. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Now thats not very nice.
    Banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement