Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is LCVP, explain

• 29-05-2012 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Can someone explain to me what is LCVP, and whats involved?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GiveEmHellKid

http://lcvp.slss.ie/

It's basically an enhanced Leaving Cert program. It's split into modules and you do stuff like Preparation for the World of Work (which involves going on work placement/shadowing) and Enterprise Education. You have to take at least 5 LC subject which hae to include an Europeen language and two subjects from a list (which you'll find on the lcvp site)
    There's an exam sat in May which in 40% of all the marks. The rest are given for the portfolio which you do over 5th and 6th year. You can also use it for up to 70 points if a distinction is gotten!
    I'm doing my leaving now and I did LCVP. I personally loved it. Our class was small and we got to do loads of fun stuff like mini-enterprise, planing a non-uniform day and even a trip to Cork. It's hard work to get your portfolio up to the high levels that are needed but it's worth it! I got an extra 10 points in my pre's because of it and I know that sounds like nothing, but it makes a difference! Plus it's an extra qualification and looks good on your cv! If you've done business for the JC, it helps too but it's not a necessity!

Advertisement