Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 50MB BB connected to a Netgear Rangemax NEXT wireless router model # WNDR3300

Options
  • 29-05-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My UPC 50MB BB is connected to a Netgear Rangemax NEXT Dualband wireless router model # WNDR3300 but I'm not sure it's on the optimum settings and would appreciate an experienced eye giving me some feedback.

Below are screen shots from the wireless settings page of the router setup and some info from the inSSIDer app which are above my ability to understand :o

netgearroutersettings.jpg

inssiderw.jpg

I just want to make sure that the settings I have are not conflicting with each other or other networks nearby and I'm getting the most out of the router that I can.

Cheers,

Ben

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

There are other wireless devices using channels 1 and 6, take 11G setting off auto and set it to channel 11. Connect "g" only devices to the "g" network, anything that does "n" and has 5Ghz card connect to the "dual band n" network

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks PMT,

I think I'll have to officially appoint you as my Boards.ie mentor. You sort me out in relation to Android issues, my Dell Vostro challenges and now my router.

You're the man ;)

Ben

Advertisement