Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warsteiner bottles in Dublin?

• 29-05-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I think this used to be on sale in Redmond's of Ranelagh, but I think last time I was in there they did not have it.

Does anyone know where else locally or between Ranelagh and Blessington I could pick some up? I'm especially interested in the 500ml bottles.

Also, before posting I looked up Warsteiner on Wikipedia:
    Warsteiner Premium Verum

Premium Verum, a pilsener style beer, is Warsteiner's most popular beer, and is exported to over 60 countries. The ingredients are forest spring water, two-row malted summer barley and all German hops. The alcohol content is 4.8 percent.

Warsteiner Premium Dunkel

Premium Dunkel is Warsteiner's second most popular beer. Dunkel is a traditional style, dark beer with an alcohol content of 4.8 percent.

Warsteiner Premium Fresh

Warsteiner's only non-alcoholic beer, brewed exactly like the Premium Verum and then having the alcohol extracted. The beer contains 80 calories per 12 oz. bottle.

König Ludwig Weiss- Royal Bavarian Hefeweizen

Royal Bavarian is a golden hefeweizen style beer. It is brewed with natural yeast and Bavarian ingredients, and has an alcohol content of 5.5 percent.

Which is the one we get here?

I find it has a very distinctive taste which I love, but have never encountered a beer similar to it, do you know anything that does taste like it since it's so hard to get?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dont think i have seen it in the 500ml bottles here, but plenty of places have in the 330ml bottles, often at a €1 a bottle. Never seemed as nice to me as the stuff you get away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've had the 500ml bottles here, possibly from Redmond's.

Where do you get 330ml for €1 anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dusf wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I've had the 500ml bottles here, possibly from Redmond's.

Where do you get 330ml for €1 anyway?

I think SQ and spars had it as well as some off licences. Been awhile since i have bought it so im not sure they still do.

Looks like O'briens do the 500ml bottles:> http://www.obrienswine.ie/Over-20//11B046/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

O Briens do have it in their 5 for €10 offer and im nearly certain they are 500ml bottles, molloys in tallaght also sell it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Superquinn have it and it's 500ml. I've never seen it in 330ml

• Advertisement

Dunnes sell the 500ml bottles. It's on offer every couple of weeks too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

In laws live in Templeogue.

There's an off licence (O'Brien's I think?) across from the maxol garage as you head to the M50. Got 6 500ml bottles for EUR10 there about 2 months ago. Not a "regular" there so it might just have been a passing special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

Thought I've seen it in Lidl...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Had them in Tesco's, The Square, Tallaght last weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Carry-Out on James St have the 500ml bottles. 3 for €5 too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rudboy

My local Spar has 6 500ml bottles for a tenner...

Advertisement