Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser scopes any good?

Options
  • 29-05-2012 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Has anyone used any of the laser scopes such as the Burris eliminator? Are they any good or just a gimmick?

There appears to be a new burris eliminator due out in the summer and the older generation should come down in price and I was thinking about giving one a go, but would like to hear from someone with a bit of experience first before parting with my hard earned cash.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Has anyone used any of the laser scopes such as the Burris eliminator? Are they any good or just a gimmick?

There appears to be a new burris eliminator due out in the summer and the older generation should come down in price and I was thinking about giving one a go, but would like to hear from someone with a bit of experience first before parting with my hard earned cash.

I thought about it myself, however, decided against it. For the record, I love the Fullfield II - have many on my rifles.

Personally, there is a point that there's just too much technology and not enough instinct. This and the price tag was enough for me.

I'll ask around to see if anyone this side of the Atlantic has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 virgindrummer

I bought the Bushnell Yardage Pro second hand here on Boards.ie, and found it to be really good. Sometimes you see them for a decent price on ebay. The Nikon, Bushnell, and Eliminator are basically the same scope, only the turrets , reticles and looks are different as far as I know.

The Eliminator 2 and 3 are better, but a lot more expensive. Don't think the Elminator 3 has shipped yet, but it looks amazing. Zeiss also do an amazing looking one, but for crazy money.

Basically, if you're interested in one, there's no reason not to go for it. They work, and they're all good scopes.

Zeiss: http://www.zeiss.com/C1256BCF0020BE5F/Contents-Frame/B333C3847E2E3A4C8525754A00530821

Bushnell: http://www.chuckhawks.com/bushnell_yardage_pro_4-12_scope.htm

Eliminator: http://www.burrisoptics.com/laserscope.html

Eliminator III: http://www.burrisoptics.com/laserscope.html

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MacsuibhneR

Thanks for the above information and views. I am looking at an Eliminator 2 on ebay (all usual checks done on seller) and have looked at a few reviews of these scopes from the states.

I agree we can get too caught up in technology but would like to try one, as anything which can bring you quicker on target more accurately should not be a bad thing, if it works. The Eliminator 2 seems to be at not bad money (probably due to the eliminator 3 coming out in July) and the range is more than enough for my hunting needs (and abilities!).

It just strikes me as being a good idea to have the laser range finder integrated into the scope to save time while making the shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Be aware that if your buying one from America it will be very hard to get it shipped to Ireland.

I bought one and I was stopped and seized by customs in America but I was very lucky to ge my money back!

When I eventually got one (bushnel yardage pro) I had it on my .270 and had great success with it. I decided to sell it on as I did very little shooting during last season ( my final year of collage) and was going setting up a new rifle.

The main reason for selling tho was the range finder was so handy I decided I wanted a hand held one so I could use it for both my rifles.

Advertisement