Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing audio files - Cubase

• 29-05-2012 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Help...

Very new to all this, learning as I go so forgive my ignorance and basic questions.

Basically came back to Cubase today to load up some projects I'd been working on. There are 7 projects I had saved within a folder alongside other folders for various music stuff on an external hard drive.

The first thing is that when I was opening the one I wanted to work on, rather than just opening it up like normal it opens a dialog box to 'Set Project Folder'. Can anyone tell me why it's doing this for this particular project and not the others?

I just selected the location it already is as that seems to make sense...

So when I set the project folder, before the project opens fully I get the 'Resolve Missing Files' box - with every audio file in the project listed! The funny thing is the file-paths of the listed audio files are all on a location on the PC hard drive that I definitely did not save them on. It was all saved on the external drive and was absolutely fine the last time I opened it.

I've searched for the files and they're nowhere to be found on the PC or ext hard drive. They are in the Cubase Pool.

I then noticed that this happens for all audio files in all 7 projects within this folder.:(

All project files on other folders on the external hard drive are fine. It's just these 7.

Hopefully I haven't done something that's caused their deletion or something. Can anyone see what might have happened?

I'm using Cubase 6, Windows 7, Motu Audio Express.

Thanks

Advertisement