Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

break window in case of fire

• 29-05-2012 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Windows in 2 storey house wouldn't allow person to climb out in event of fire-only small top panes open out. I know ideally should replace windows to meet fire regs but can't afford to. Been Googling and came across a product called Breakout-was on dragons den few yrs ago. Sounds like would be perfect as no strength required plus its permanently attached to window( no need for hammer or anything - if I was alone,i wouldn't trust id have enough strength to smash double glazed windows ). Costs bout 40euros online. Problem is I can't do test with it as proving it works would involve smashing a window which I obviously don't want to do! Need to hear from someone who has used it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Stove Fan

I have sent a pm.

You may be able to test it. Call in to a double glazing company in your area with an old replacement units.

To be honest though it breaks ok.

Advertisement