Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Process/Mechanical Engineering jobs Australia

Options
  • 29-05-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    I will be immigrating to Australia in September & I was hoping I could get some advice on securing a Process/Mechanical Engineering role? I have over 3 and a half years experience as a Process Engineer & would be looking for something along those lines. I am 27yrs old so I would be heading on WHV in the hope of securing sponsorship. I will more than likely be heading to WA or QLD. Are engineering jobs still in high demand? My aim would be to secure a role on a temporary basis, impress the employer in the hope of sponsorship. Any advice would be appreciated, especially people who work in the above fields.
    Thanks
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif
    Hi all,
    I will be immigrating to Australia in September & I was hoping I could get some advice on securing a Process/Mechanical Engineering role? I have over 3 and a half years experience as a Process Engineer & would be looking for something along those lines. I am 27yrs old so I would be heading on WHV in the hope of securing sponsorship. I will more than likely be heading to WA or QLD. Are engineering jobs still in high demand? My aim would be to secure a role on a temporary basis, impress the employer in the hope of sponsorship. Any advice would be appreciated, especially people who work in the above fields.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jdjnr

Hi there,

I'm a mechanical engineer - can only comment on Queensland as I've lived in Brisbane for last 7 years.

I think you may have a bit of trouble getting temporary work as a process engineer especially on a whv - depends on what your experience is in - for process engineers they tend to look for oil and gas or mining experience because that's where the jobs are - if you're background is food or manufacturing then I don't believe there is that much work in Brisbane and maybe Melbourne or south Australia may hold more opportunities for you - best to do a bit of research on companies that can use your skillsets and give them a shout.
    Having said that mechanical engineers are still in high demand especially with design experience - autocad and 3d modeling in Brisbane .....

What type of area are you looking to go in to ??

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fran83

rugbynutts wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Thanks
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif
    Hi all,
    Thanks

Try ipowersoulitions.com.au I worked for there while I was over there and were allways looking for people while I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jdjnr

The boys where I work got initial temporary work through recruitment mob hays while on a whv and managed to get sponsorship - the lads that got sponsorship reckon its best to go through recruitment mobs even though it can be a pain in the ass !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rugbynutts

I come from a manufacturing background so ideally I would like to go into a similiar area, but I would think there is far better money in gas & oil?

Advertisement