Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU 2012 Accommodation Thread **MOD WARNING POST #48**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tigereye99

Hi,
    I was refused campus today..where would you advise staying?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

tigereye99 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was refused campus today..where would you advise staying?

Try Shanowen Halls/Square, Gateway Student Village or Hazelwood. If these are outside of your budget range, take a look for digs or a room in a house around Ballymun/Glasnevin/Whitehall/Santry. If you're around DCU, there's a load of accommodation advertisements on the notice boards in the Hub, take a look at those.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Nitsuj

Gemma.93 wrote: »
    I know the feeling :( I was a hundred percent sure we were guaranteed accommodation if we got over 500, even checked the website and everything today and that's what it said! Shanowen Hall still has spaces though
    Hm, I rang them at lunch today, and they told me they didn't, really confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Grainne0c

I applied for shanowen halls there and it said it was successful and for to drop in the deposit and a passport photo? does that mean i got in? So confused!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BrainL

Is Shanowen Hall full? filled out the application form on Monday but yet to revive and email.

• Advertisement

Well shanowen sqaure says on their website that its full so would shanowen halls not say the same if it was? didnt get an email either

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gemma.93

Grainne0c wrote: »
    I applied for shanowen halls there and it said it was successful and for to drop in the deposit and a passport photo? does that mean i got in? So confused!!
    Same thing happened to me! Still hoping I get campus but I got the same message, I emailed them though asking about it and i'm yet to hear anything back :confused:

I tried to email them and it said it was invalid !:L this is so stressful like i live in Laois i need somewhere to live! :L

Yeah I emailed them directly as well but nothing! Living in Donegal, gonna be a year out if I cant find something soon

Does the number ring out for you too? Id apply for gateway aswell but i think they charge u for cancellation :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 louisecos

Shanowen Hall is full. I went up to their office in person on Monday with my friend and she was put on the waiting list.

Looks like gateway is the last hope so:L

• Registered Users Posts: 38 school_sux

BrainL wrote: »
    Yeah I emailed them directly as well but nothing! Living in Donegal, gonna be a year out if I cant find something soon

I was in the same situation last year! I emailed and rang them complaining about how unfair it was living so far away and not getting an offer. All the complaining got me a spot on campus in the end haha! I got it like a week and a half after the offers for accommodation came out. I already had Gateway paid for put pulled out and got my money back! sooooo glad i got on campus! good luck i know how stressful it is! :)

Gateway definately sorted and living with one of my friends! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

BrainL wrote: »

Don't panic yet - there's still loads of time to get something sorted. There'll be plenty of off campus accommodation available nearby too so you'll get something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CaoilteOB

hey, does anybody know if there are still vacancies at Gateway?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeBlanka

CaoilteOB wrote: »
    hey, does anybody know if there are still vacancies at Gateway?

It's worth giving them a ring in the morning. I got a place this afternoon, but they said they were extremely busy and places were filling up fast. You have to pay a €200 deposit which you can get back by Saturday if you change your mind. I'm going for a look tomorrow :D

Good luck!

DeBlanka wrote: »
    It's worth giving them a ring in the morning. I got a place this afternoon, but they said they were extremely busy and places were filling up fast. You have to pay a €200 deposit which you can get back by Saturday if you change your mind. I'm going for a look tomorrow :D

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply.
    Well i applied today and paid my $200 deposit so im just hoping that there's room left!:confused:But i'll definitely ring tomorrow morning and see what the go is!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 silleekitee

Hey guys my name is kate and I'm going to be studying law in DCU Is there anyone who wants to share a house or apartment as I didnt get on campus accommodation?
    Let Me Know :D

Thanks for the reply.
    Well i applied today and paid my deposit so im just hoping that there's room left!:confused:But i'll definitely ring tomorrow morning and see what the go is!

I rang them this evening since I didn't get a confirmation email and they said they were a bit backlogged but since I got through the process of putting in a payment them they have a room held for me.

• Advertisement

I rang them this evening since I didn't get a confirmation email and they said they were a bit backlogged but since I got through the process of putting in a payment them they have a room held for me.

So since ive also paid my deposit do you think that's the case for me aswell? And when did you apply for gateway?

So since ive also paid my deposit do you think that's the case for me aswell? And when did you apply for gateway?

I reckon it's the same. I applied a 3pm today

I reckon it's the same. I applied a 3pm today

right mate thanks for your help!
    Hope all goes well tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Nitsuj

Grainne0c wrote: »
    Gateway definately sorted and living with one of my friends! :)
    Is there some way to make sure you and a friend are staying in the same apartment? Myself and a friend are going to be living there, but don't know how to make sure we're in the same apartment.

right mate thanks for your help!
    Hope all goes well tomorrow:D

Cheers. I'll see ya up there at some stage I'm sure!

Nitsuj wrote: »
    Is there some way to make sure you and a friend are staying in the same apartment? Myself and a friend are going to be living there, but don't know how to make sure we're in the same apartment.

Yeah theres a place on the from to fill out for requests so both put eachothers names on it and maybe ring to make sure, i was ringing them manyway and i double checked and he said it was no problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Simon8226

Looking for one lad to share a room with 10 minute walk from DCU @ 95 euro a week including bills, PM me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jenifa

Hi guys,
    looking for accommodation, think house share is realistically the best option for DCU.
    Im a girl ( prob obvious from my name..!) and would be looking to live in a quite house, other people can live in the party house. Any one else seeking similar..?! Will be first year in Economics, Politics and Law, but not interested in first year house training or alcoholic antics.

PM anyhow if you wish for similar home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mairead1992

Anyone kno the password to look for dcu accommodation on findahome.ie?

• Advertisement

Anyone kno the password to look for dcu accommodation on findahome.ie?

They said they don't run that section of the website anymore. They're directing people to collegecribs.ie

She said on the phone it was student or students I think, but you should probably just check out their current one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement