Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU 2012 Accommodation Thread **MOD WARNING POST #48**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Nitsuj wrote: »
    Unless the radiators are electric, you could put your clothes on that, I suppose.

They're not, at least in College Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

Does Larkfield even have radiators? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

They're not, at least in College Park.

They are electric in Larkfield. The driers in the launderette are only 50c for 30 mins.. and if you don't want to use them you can just hang them on the back of your chairs or table..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 niamhw123

hey, i have a friend who has a spare room in her house on larkhill road just off collins ave. 10 min walk from dcu. pm me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 catherine13

hey, 2 first year donegal students heading to dcu in september, need a third to share a house with. The house is 3 bed in larkhill, 10-15 min walk from college :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 catherine13

niamhw123 wrote: »
    awryt minger noones gonna wana share with u

thanks niamh, you are too sound LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

is there a laundry on site in DCU? is it in Larkfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

Laundry is right by Larkfield, in the neighboring apartment complex of Hampstead. Another bigger one around the corner from that in the other apartments, college park. All in the campus residence area.
    You bring your own detergent, its usually about 3 euro for washing machine and about another euro for dryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

grand thanks Noodleworm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 declan_man

anyone looking to get into LARKFIELD contact me; as i am taking up the round 2 offer. Its a top floor room (mixed)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

Just wondering, do we get any details of our roommates before we go to Larkfield? Would be nice to exchange details and get knowing about who can bring what haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

Zhavey wrote: »
    Just wondering, do we get any details of our roommates before we go to Larkfield? Would be nice to exchange details and get knowing about who can bring what haha.

Unfortunately you don't. You'll more than likely meet him/her for the first time, when you move in. Last year a lot of people posted their room numbers on here, so that they could find out who their neighbours were. That's probably your best chance of finding your roommate before you start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jack Holian

declan_man wrote: »
    anyone looking to get into LARKFIELD contact me; as i am taking up the round 2 offer. Its a top floor room (mixed)
    I am trying to get into Larkfield

• Registered Users Posts: 4 niamhw123

declan_man wrote: »

is larkfield not completely booked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BrainL

called up Larkfield was told to look elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Yer_Wan

Has anyone who applied to Shanowen Halll heard anything re room numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gilleyyy

Anyone doing Business Studies? :)

what have people heard bout hazelwood

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

'oh dear'

xaoifsx wrote: »
    'oh dear'
    that bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

that bad

its just really far away.. and the people that i know who were in there last year didnt like it.. dont judge it from what i say! ask someone whos lived there before to make your mind up on it :)

will do
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Laura says

Yer_Wan wrote: »
    Has anyone who applied to Shanowen Halll heard anything re room numbers?

Yea, I asked about room numbers, and was told that allocations probably wont be done until after the 10th of september, or might wait until repeat exam results?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Laura says

I lived in hazelwood last year as a first year, and it was grand, like most people, i wasnt on the ball with accommodation last year and hazelwood was the only place left!
    Most important thing for me is, hazelwood is a distance from dcu. . about 20/25 minute walk at a moderate pace, not the 15 minutes they say in the website! Although, the 17a bus passes by the apartment complex and will leave you at the top of collins avenue, about a 3 minute walk to dcu, if its raining or you're not keen on the walk. Also, regardless of what they advertise, its not purely student accommodation, and the students that are there seem to be mostly dit students, so as dcu'er it's more difficult to meet people as opposed to campus, shanowen or even gateway.
    Saying all that, i never had any real problems living in hazelwood, the apartments were nice and well sized with your own bathroom and there was never a problem with overnight guest or anything, and it is the cheapest of all the other typical dcu student apartments (shanowen or gateway)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ALEX09

Heading into 1st year in DCU looking for accommodation! Let me know if anyone is interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Conor25

1st year in DCU, looking for any accomodation. Anyone have anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gene Hunt 45

Heading into first year, if anyone has any accommodation or looking to share, drop me a message

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CaoilteOB

what date do people usually start moving into their accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Yer_Wan

CaoilteOB wrote: »
    what date do people usually start moving into their accommodation?
    That all depends on the moving in day. Most however, especially first years, go up the day before Orientation Week starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 CaoilteOB

Yer_Wan wrote: »
    That all depends on the moving in day. Most however, especially first years, go up the day before Orientation Week starts.

great! thanks for that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement