Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans for after The Leaving Cert?

• 29-05-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Plans for after The LC? what's everyone getting up to?! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

...must...stay...focused...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Honestly don't understand how people can think about after the LC. I'm just trying to survive the thing first. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Sleep for approximately 15 hours a day for a week or two. :D Some people go for mad holidays and festivals, I prefer my plan though. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Stay in bed however long I like for a few weeks, then somehow work on the employment situation :/

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Togepi wrote: »
    Sleep for approximately 15 hours a day for a week or two. :D Some people go for mad holidays and festivals, I prefer my plan though. :P

And eat and watch TV for the remaining 9 hours. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Make some money, and have a good time before the results come out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

And eat and watch TV for the remaining 9 hours. :D

Must remember to move the tv and fridge to my bedside. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Also: Xbox! Tonnes of it. Got an xbox live membership for christmas and I haven't been able to use it. If I'm playing xbox I really can't claim I'm studying so it was never a viable option for procrastination :P

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Also: Xbox! Tonnes of it. Got an xbox live membership for christmas and I haven't been able to use it. If I'm playing xbox I really can't claim I'm studying so it was never a viable option for procrastination :P

This!

I got 12 months gold at Christmas but decided to box away my xbox (lol pun) until the LC is over, the day my last exam done I'm gonna play the shít outta that :') Come at me Minecraft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

For very personal reasons, last summer was the worst of my life. I aim on making the next one the best.

I've asked my Irish teacher about the possibility of doing a cinnireacht, she's doubtful but if she could pull it off I'd be eternally grateful.
    That along with a good leaving cert and I'm happy out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Play Sims 3 I've haven't played it since last summer.
    I'll catch up on a few series.
    Hopefully this summer will be good and the results will be what I've been looking for not like last year.
    I want to dye my hair a new colour to for a change.
    I need to go back to the gym it's been so long I had to abandon it to study. I'll be there most days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

My plans consist of intense amounts of training and working in Woodies.

I need new plans. :pac:

God I love seeing how optimistic everyone is, it's lovely. :o Me, I'm going to America on a youth activism trip for 2 weeks on the 25th June :D:D:D I have some other stuff planned to, gonna go down to Galway and stay there for a week or 2 with a mate while I find a gaff for college. Might stay with my Dad in Derry for a while, I want to record a f**kload of music because I haven't been able to make anything for about 5 months (my soundcloud page is in my sig if you wanna check it out :)), and go to the gym a lot. Like 4 days a week, gona be my first time going to a proper gym that's not the school gym or just doing weights at home so it should be a good'un :D Can not wait! Want to get really good at guitar too, gona practice like f**k, and I'm gona hopefully try and get a few lame short stories/novellas written. I'm gona need to make out a plan/timetable for it 'cos if I don't I won't get any of it done, but if I get it all done I'm gona be super proud of myself. :D Only thing that might throw a spanner in the works is getting a job (lol!), could end up taking up a lot of my free time :P The money would be great though!

Oh and I'm getting BRACES. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I'm gonna run :L Sleep a lot. Ask my Dad where he hid my Playstation :D

I also wanna get a job so I can buy every series of The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air and watch them all in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Backpacking across Europe (well... Germany, France and Austria :P), it'll be amazing! And then back for the Debs. A good summer lies ahead I think (minus the panic and nausea preceding the results of the Leaving).

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Got a nice holiday to Santa Ponsa after the exams, then just working and having a laugh for the rest of it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Maybe a haircut...

I actually have no idea what to do after the leaving cert. What'll I do with all the books...?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

Get in absolute bits.

I also wanna get a job so I can buy every series of The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air and watch them all in one go.

Why would you pay for that stuff? You're on the internet man, dl it ta buck. :P
    Backpacking across Europe (well... Germany, France and Austria :P), it'll be amazing! And then back for the Debs. A good summer lies ahead I think (minus the panic and nausea preceding the results of the Leaving).

Wow that's AWESOME! How much will that cost ya, d'ya reckon? Is there much planning involved? I'd love to do like a month of backpacking or something, probably just around France, Austria etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 ismiseaoife

My summer will involve a lot of sleep, alcohol & gettin the shift.. anyone with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Back to work after the exams
    reading lots and lots
    a weekend away maybe I've only been abroad once :o
    Get back into swimming and stuff
    Burning my history books :P
    catching up with my old friend who I've lost contact with due to the leaving :(
    Nights out
    watching all the inbetweeners finally !! :)
    oh and finishing that game of zelda :) maybe restarting a few pokemon ones :L
    the list goes on ...:) can't wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

For the week after Leaving Cert and results I'll have a permanent spot in the pub. Otherwise than that I'll be working flat out and I'm going to London with the family to visit my sister in July! Apart from that, soaking up the rays (hopefully) and taking everyday as it comes. I also want to record my first EP and start gigging again... I MISS IT :( I've already a good few gigs lined up but I wanna get out of Leinster and maybe tour down the country a bit :pac:

Why would you pay for that stuff? You're on the internet man, dl it ta buck. :P

tumblr_m4r69yenQs1r95fm7o1_400.gif

For the week after Leaving Cert and results I'll have a permanent spot in the pub. Otherwise than that I'll be working flat out and I'm going to London with the family to visit my sister in July! Apart from that, soaking up the rays (hopefully) and taking everyday as it comes. I also want to record my first EP and start gigging again... I MISS IT :( I've already a good few gigs lined up but I wanna get out of Leinster and maybe tour down the country a bit :pac:

Anywhere I can hear your tunes? I wanna start gigging this summer too but I think I'll stick to just writing til I get down to Galway in September :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Grad at the end of June.
    My whole month of July is basically taken up with charity stuff, maybe a trip to Belarus.
    I wanna go to Dublin, Galway maybe Belfast once or twice .. I wouldn't mind a weekend abroad too. :P
    Then in August in my town theres a festival, my 18th and then the results and all that.
    Should be busy, but good. :)

Anywhere I can hear your tunes? I wanna start gigging this summer too but I think I'll stick to just writing til I get down to Galway in September :D
    Nope, hence my need to record my EP! The second this LC is over I'm gonna open a youtube account and get rough recordings and videos out there! You'll be the first to get the link :p ah I've so many songs near completion (at least 5) and it's quite frustrating that they're just sitting there! We should gig together :pac: :D

Nope, hence my need to record my EP! The second this LC is over I'm gonna open a youtube account and get rough recordings and videos out there! You'll be the first to get the link :p ah I've so many songs near completion (at least 5) and it's quite frustrating that they're just sitting there! We should gig together :pac: :D

That'd be unreal man :D Bit weird at the same time though! 'How'd yis find out about each others music?... Boards :P', it'd be sweet tho! I know some folks in Cork who can get you gigs and stuff, and a handful of people up here in Derry/Donegal who you could play with :) I haven't got like epic connections or anything, I just know a few people who're well up for playing gigs with everyone! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

I'll be going out the first few days, asking out the girl I've been flirting with for yonks, then heading off to the south of France/Italy for my 6th year holiday! Then I have to come back, do a bit of training then head off to Estonia for a physics comp. Then I come back to Dublin, may cycle down to Kerry, or even across to England to see one of my friends, then off to home in America!

A lot of travel to say the least.

• Advertisement

That'd be unreal man :D Bit weird at the same time though! 'How'd yis find out about each others music?... Boards :P', it'd be sweet tho! I know some folks in Cork who can get you gigs and stuff, and a handful of people up here in Derry/Donegal who you could play with :) I haven't got like epic connections or anything, I just know a few people who're well up for playing gigs with everyone! :P
    Yeah, that would be odd :p Hahah I'm always looking to branch out! Plenty of lads I know in the Meath/Dublin/Louth area who are like gig promoters/organisers! Again nothing epic but ya havta start somewhere :p

Advertisement