Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remmington VSSF II Magazine conversion kit

Options
  • 29-05-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a Remmington VSSF II which I am really happy with. However the loading is the only thing that bugs me. It has the spring type trap door and you push the ammo down into the gun.

Does anyone know if I can convert this to take a magazine, and if so where I can get one and maybe the cost..

regards M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Hi there,

I have a Remmington VSSF II which I am really happy with. However the loading is the only thing that bugs me. It has the spring type trap door and you push the ammo down into the gun.

Does anyone know if I can convert this to take a magazine, and if so where I can get one and maybe the cost..

regards M

You can, saw them on a website recently, google what your looking for you will find it, if I remember correctly they are expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Roedale do a conversion kit that will enable you to use the accuracy international magazine system its on their website but exspensive!

Other than that I'd be contacting the rifle smiths to see what they could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Comeraghshooter

I bought one of these awhile back (Link Below) , Ive yet to have it fitted to my Remington 700 stock but it was much cheaper than the some of the other options out there.
    I got it for around 100 pounds, i already had an AICS mag (think they come in at about 50/ 60 euro) and i would guess it would cost around the 100 mark to have the stock modified to take the mag housing...???
    so its still going to be close to 300 euro to convert your Remington to a detachable magazine system going this way.

Maybe there is cheaper option out there but i haven't seen it...???

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-REMINGTON-700-DBM-TRIGGER-GUARD-FLOORPLATE-ACCEPTS-ALL-AICS-AND-AI-MAGS-/160804959115?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item2570b8f38b

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

Can be done easily enough.

You can buy the magazine and new bottom yourself or contact any of the rifle smiths who are regularly mentioned on here.

If you do get it done show us the pictures :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭mightyabhabelle

Thanks for the replies lads. much appreciated. i pinged remmington about it and i race to say their support is first class. here is what they said...

" .Unfortunately we do not recommend or endorse retrofitting any ADL or BDL style rifle to a detachable magazine system. The reason for this is because the receivers are milled different internally and the conversions will generally leave reliability lacking because of this. There are several kits available on the market, but as mentioned the reliability of the gun can suffer from this conversion."

So if i get it done. Will it take away fro. the value of the gun.

Regards m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Comeraghshooter

Thanks for the replies lads. much appreciated. i pinged remmington about it and i race to say their support is first class. here is what they said...

" .Unfortunately we do not recommend or endorse retrofitting any ADL or BDL style rifle to a detachable magazine system. The reason for this is because the receivers are milled different internally and the conversions will generally leave reliability lacking because of this. There are several kits available on the market, but as mentioned the reliability of the gun can suffer from this conversion."

So if i get it done. Will it take away fro. the value of the gun.

Regards m

At this stage i would recommend talking to a gunsmith, a quick phone call should answer all your questions.

See the link below
    http://www.irelandcustomrifle.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Very common to retrofit an AICS type magazine system. We do it every week.
    Several manufacturers out there. Roedale, Alutec, GBR, Third Eye and a few smaller companies. For Remmy SA I have one or two lying around.
    What cal would it be for?
    Fergal would also be handy at it.
    edi

Advertisement