Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Week left!!!

• 29-05-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all, so theres 1 week left till the 1st exam, I was wondering how much has everyone studied in their subjects and how much they'd like to get revised over this coming week? Myself:

English: Poetry = Plath, Heaney, Larkin. Hamlet = Hamlet, Ophelia, Gertrude, Laertes, Fortinbras, Deception, Soliloquys. Comparative = Vision & Viewpoint... I would still like to get Claudius and Theme & Issue revised.

Business: Units 1,2,3,4,5,6 and EU in unit 7 revised.

Biology: Units 1,2, Microbiology and Bits out of Human anatomy revised.

Ag science: Animals, Grassland, Crops, Soil Science, Genetics, Plant physiology. Still need to revise experiments.

Maths (O.L): Revised functions, differentiation, complex numbers, algebra and arithmetic for paper 1. Still need to revise for paper 2 (The harder paper in my opinion).

Accounting: Revised workings in company accounts & sole trader accounts briefly, revised for ratios questions and done 2 costing questions (question 8). Will do more for that in the 3-4 days I have before the exam.

French not started yet:(:o

Good luck to everyone in your revision!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Ha, revision? Good one. I'm still learning stuff for the first time.

I have about a years worth of work to do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

If only it was revision! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

English = want to go over everything for paper 2 (plath heany, hamlet, comparative) and paper 1, creative writing
    Irish = few pros and bitta poetry revision for paper 2, couple of one liners for the letter, be grand.
    Maths = everything oh my god... (except maybe complex numbers and induction)
    French = few verbs, some vocab, essential one liners, 3/4 topical essays.
    Physics = mostly everything from electricity up needs a good bit of revision :/ experiments, maybe a look over waves and heat! and some maths problems
    Geography = BMW, GDA, BRAZIL, cultural essays... some geo-ecology, 1 or 2 physical essays
    Art = know most stuff, Irish art maybe needs some revision! and Ill try learn off the gallery/film essay.

so much to cram, so little time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cc81

What do ye wreckn will come op on O.L History?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Yeah I know how you feel. I'd like to get some questions b's done tomorrow and thursday aswell:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

smithy77 wrote: »
    Ag science: Animals, Grassland, Crops, Soil Science, Genetics, Plant physiology. Still need to revise experiments.

oh god i've done nothing for ag science yet, i've no time :( planning to cram everything in the week off before it, and somehow get an A :L

Yeah some people have a week before ag science which is handy.. I got 2 days because of damn Accounting:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I need to do everything. Seriously.

I'm getting up at 6 to study tomorrow, my plan is as follows:

Get up at 6.00am
    Start Study at 7.00am
    7.00-8.00: Plant and Animal Adaptations to a Biome
    8.00-9.00: Composition and Characteristics of Soil Type
    9.00-10.00: Importance of Soliloquys
    10.00-11.00: Conflict between Claudius- Hamlet
    BREAK
    11.30-12.30: Philip Larkin
    12.30-1.30: Literary Genre
    1.30-2.30: Dramatic Scene Hamlet
    BREAK
    3.30-4.30: Central Place, 2 changes in Irish Migration Patterns
    5.00-6.00: Structures of Deformation, Weathering,
    6.00-700: Geothermal Energy, Construction of Dams
    7.00-8.00: Waterfall, Metamorphic/Sedimentary Rock
    8.00-9.00: Theme of Loyalty/Betrayal

Long day ahead, but it really has to be done. It's truly now or never where i'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Get up at 6.00am
    Start Study at 7.00am
    BREAK
    BREAK

Long day ahead, but it really has to be done. It's truly now or never where i'm concerned.

This makes me feel a little bit sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Get up at 6.00am
    Start Study at 7.00am
    BREAK
    BREAK

Fair play if you stick to that :pac:

• Advertisement

This makes me feel a little bit sick.
    And me dear Friend, and me.

That still leaves me with 4 Hamlet essays to learn, GV+V to do, 4 poets, PAPER I stuff! All the regional in Geography, about 7 more Physical geography essays, 2 more Geoecology essays and about 3/4's of the Human geography.. And that's only 2 subjects out of 8 subjects i've to do before i've finished..

Meglamonia- I have to. I really need a lot of points (has a drastic change of CAO choice) so need 545 odd points (once it doesn't go up) so need to basically get A's in 5 subjects and a B2 in French (cause i'm never gonna get an A in it :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Get up at 6.00am
    Start Study at 7.00am
    BREAK
    BREAK

I have been doing near enough this amount of hours over the last few weeks :P I am after getting used to it now. I dont feel healthy when I do so much tbh :P

David1994 wrote: »
    I have been doing near enough this amount of hours over the last few weeks :P I am after getting used to it now. I dont feel healthy when I do so much tbh :P
    At least i'm not the only one! :P I NEED POINTS DAMMIT

The guilt is creeping through my body when I see people doing that amount of study. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I alternate between which subjects I freak out over - I'd be studying maths and run to study geography, or I'll be reading my business notes and freak out and study maths thinking of how I can get an A1 in business but it'll be worthless if I fail maths :L
    Really really bad mindset for this last week but meh. Nothing can be done!

Confident for English, French and Irish, way more confident for maths than before but still terrified and needing to try and do all the exam papers :( mildly confident for geography but I really need to cement the knowledge in to do well! Business is kinda worrying but meh. History I've literally given up all hope on o_o I wish I was joking but considering I dont need to count it for points I genuinely couldnt care less, its pointless, but if my predictions cover me then I might do okay :)

I think it's normal to start doubting yourself around this time tho...isn't it? :p

At least i'm not the only one! :P I NEED POINTS DAMMIT

You're not alone my friend,you're not alone... :P

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I alternate between which subjects I freak out over - I'd be studying maths and run to study geography, or I'll be reading my business notes and freak out and study maths thinking of how I can get an A1 in business but it'll be worthless if I fail maths :L
    Really really bad mindset for this last week but meh. Nothing can be done!

Confident for English, French and Irish, way more confident for maths than before but still terrified and needing to try and do all the exam papers :( mildly confident for geography but I really need to cement the knowledge in to do well! Business is kinda worrying but meh. History I've literally given up all hope on o_o I wish I was joking but considering I dont need to count it for points I genuinely couldnt care less, its pointless, but if my predictions cover me then I might do okay :)
    I haven't touched Business in at least a week and I HAVE to get an A1. I'm actually gonna cry.

And me dear Friend, and me.

That still leaves me with 4 Hamlet essays to learn, GV+V to do, 4 poets, PAPER I stuff! All the regional in Geography, about 7 more Physical geography essays, 2 more Geoecology essays and about 3/4's of the Human geography.. And that's only 2 subjects out of 8 subjects i've to do before i've finished..

Hate Geography 2kaiiiii12.

Keep posting things like this though, I find that you're actually motivating me a bit. :pac:

Hate Geography 2kaiiiii12.

Keep posting things like this though, I find that you're actually motivating me a bit. :pac:
    I'm actually like some type of counsellor for my peers doing the Leaving! I got 3 PM's on FB today about people freaking out and would I give them advice, it's actually so funny! And here I am freaking out about every little detail! :L

• Advertisement

I am mainly focusing on 5 subjects at the moment...As I have chemistry and Spanish last(Have 6 days to study for them :D). If I dint have that break I think I would cry :P I need so much time for Geography but I am trying to learn about 4 essays a day while going over the ones I have already learnt :/

I'm actually like some type of counsellor for my peers doing the Leaving! I got 3 PM's on FB today about people freaking out and would I give them advice, it's actually so funny! And here I am freaking out about every little detail! :L

That's good though, as long as everyone thinks you're sorted, then you must be. :P

I've been using the Geography essay lists you post to teach myself Geography. I've literally had about 12 Geog classes this year, so I owe you big time. xD

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I'm planning on doing my Paper 2 English work the day before after Paper 1... Might pay off :P

That's good though, as long as everyone thinks you're sorted, then you must be. :P

I've been using the Geography essay lists you post to teach myself Geography. I've literally had about 12 Geog classes this year, so I owe you big time. xD
    No probs! I <3 helping 'da people. May help me one day if I go into teaching or whatever! God that list, if I only knew all the stuff on that i'd be sorted for an A1. Still hoping for the A1 yet- just have to learn everything off by heart (easier said than done eh).

Really considering just doing English, Geography all this week. (With some French and Maths Paper I in between). I really think English and Geography are ones I could get the A1 in if I have everything prepared quite well. Think I owe it to myself to try my best with them.

The following week I have Maths Paper II and Irish (doing pass in them), French and Business. French i'm hoping for the B2. And once the comprehensions go well and I can do the written I should be fine! Need the A1 in Business, did 4 Mocks got A1's in each of them. MUST. GET. IT

Then I have 5 days off to study for Economics/Music. Hoping for A2's in these so i'm hoping the days off will get me up there! Haven't done much for these in ages though! That's my plan of attack however!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I haven't touched Business in at least a week and I HAVE to get an A1. I'm actually gonna cry.
    Lol PF you wont not get it. I havent touched business in about a week either, but unlike you I've only done one mock and got a B3 :L

I need to start waking up earlier that's the problem I have. I got 3 hours done today and I'd want to be doubling that for the remaining days!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

I'm planning on doing my Paper 2 English work the day before after Paper 1... Might pay off :P

my plans too.. worryingly enough, I just don't have the time to dedicate to it and sure it's only english like if you've a notion on the basics you can do really well.

smithy77 wrote: »
    I need to start waking up earlier that's the problem I have. I got 3 hours done today and I'd want to be doubling that for the remaining days!

Exactly the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've only been spending time on business , geography and english really.
    I haven't gone over French since the orals. Economics I'll do a little of that but I have 4/5 days gap to study it. Maths I need to get practising paper 2 seriously abandoned it.

I have so much to go over in geography it's all covered just learning it. And learn 8 essays in the option section.

English I'm not too bad with just looking over the comparative , get a few more Hamlet essays together , write a Rich, Boland and Heaney essay and finish my short story. I'm not too worried with English it's always my strongest subject.

Business - I have quite a lot of learning to do. Although I'm good at waffling my way to answer the questions in which I always pass with at least a C. I need a B1 going over units mostly Q1s 2, , 4,5,6. I might to q3s not sure yet. I've stopped answering the past papers. Instead just focusing on knowing each chapter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

If it makes anyone feel better tomorrow I'm going to write out a Literary Genre essay and a GV+V essay...for the first time. :o

625 points here I come.

Advertisement