Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Week left!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

A question about the Question B's:

Last year an Article, talk and diary entries was asked. What are the chances of them being asked again this year? Instead they might throw in interview, letter or something else?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cc81

Ye guys will be fine , just stay calm and study. If it makes ye feel any better Im 30 years old doing the leaving Cert! Bring it on !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I dont know if they do it as carefully as P2, i.e. making sure they dont ask the same formats again, its not like you can predict it or anything. :P I'd love a letter or article, but I'd hate an interview :(

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

I hate all of the B questions. I always feel like an idiot, whatever I write - diary entries, interviews and letters make me cringe. Hopefully an article will come up. :rolleyes:

I did the interview for the pre (Interviewing 50 cent:p) and i got 39/50. Haven't done many questions B's so must start practicing them especially for the articles, letters. Talks/speeches might be ok aswell. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

If it makes anyone feel better tomorrow I'm going to write out a Literary Genre essay and a GV+V essay...for the first time. :o

625 points here I come.

Im not even sure what those even mean.
    I dont even know what my texts are about.
    Night before job I think, so I have some hope of remembering it.

I'm thinking of writing a letter, short speech, radio talk, article and diary entry tomorrow, hoping that will cover me for the question B's:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

So here's where I am with all my stuff atm:

English: Need to go over Theme or Issue, a few bits for Hamlet and Larkin+Kavanagh essay but am fairly sorted other than that (I think :pac:).

Irish: Need to just learn off my debate phrases and go over poetry and
    prós a bit.. Am feeling v.good about Irish atm!

Maths: Need to learn proofs, constructions and theorems. For Paper 1 need to go over some bits for induction, integration and differentiation. Paper 2... I'm f***ed basically. I'm just gonna do all sample papers.

History: Need to go over essay plans for Northern Ireland book and Anglo=Irish Treaty but other than that am pretty good!

Physics: Came up from 44% in my first mock to 76% in my second mock so am delighted with Physics atm.. Just need to go over modern physics and electricity and then should be grand!

Engineering: Just need to revise Testing, Plastics and Special Topic.

French: Need to go over opinion piece phrases and vocab.. and the subjonctif too!

Music: Not worrying about it because I have like 4 days off before it!

Sorry for the essay.. Probably makes me look a bit pretentious, posting all this stuff but it makes me feel a bit better if it's all written out in front of me! Makes me feel like I'm making a bit of progress! :D

Yeah I feel its nice to have it in front of the screen aswell:p .. How many pages would any1 write for a Question B? I wrote like 3 and a half pages in the pre but ran out of time writing my short story although I was on the last paragraph, so maybe 2 pages?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

smithy77 wrote: »
    Yeah I feel its nice to have it in front of the screen aswell:p .. How many pages would any1 write for a Question B? I wrote like 3 and a half pages in the pre but ran out of time writing my short story although I was on the last paragraph, so maybe 2 pages?:confused:
    Yeah I wrote just over two pages and got nearly full marks! I'm gonna need every second for the essay tbh so am just gonna fly the comps! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

smithy77 wrote: »

One and a half pages is plenty :)

I did write too much so:p , Thanks!:D .. Yeah essays take ages especially short stories for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Maths - Everything, not joking.
    English - Gonna wing paper 1, be grand. Go over some poetry.
    Irish - Just read over some stuff the night before.
    Geography - Maximum cramming on everything.
    Home Ec - See Geography.
    German - Be grand.
    DCG - Have a 5 day break before it, come in every day and do nonstop DCG.

As you can all see I'm screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I'm doing max 6 hours a day I think from now on, I think it's important to relax :) Besides, I'm well set for Geography, Maths, French, Irish and I've about 4 days to study Applied Maths and Physics :D So I'll be just working on my Paper 1 in English and learning essays for Paper 2 for the next week. I'll do a few maths paper 2's aswell paper 1 is fine. I know the Geo course anyway so I'll just constantly read over my answers so they stay fresh in mind. I'll do a bit of French listening and c'est tout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

biohaiid wrote: »
    I dont even know what my texts are about.
    Night before job I think

Oh my lord, if you get that done fair play man. Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I remember someone asking me for the timetable I used for the last few days of the LC and the LC itself... for those interested:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1stQFaQi9Ik-RYecK4PSwhhhD2-a9NDQ0i1z5OUs0Tgs/edit

At the end of it all, I distinctly remember telling myself how having a rigid timetable saved me from ending up in a disorganised frenzy in the few days before and during the exam. I'd recommend anyone worried about planning for the next few days to make something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Geographyhater

Ehm well
    Maths: paper1 be grand paper 2 sorta fecked just gna do all sample papers
    Engineering: grand
    Construction: learn drawings and go over stuff
    Biology: good except gota learn all experiments!
    Geography: literally have to learn everything so many essays o
    Memorise!

So any tips on geography guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

Ehm well
    Maths: paper1 be grand paper 2 sorta fecked just gna do all sample papers
    Engineering: grand
    Construction: learn drawings and go over stuff
    Biology: good except gota learn all experiments!
    Geography: literally have to learn everything so many essays o
    Memorise!

So any tips on geography guys?

haha couldn't help laugh when I seen your user name man
    Best bet is to go over what has a good chance of coming up if you dont have time to learn everything off.
    Earthquakes(plate tec), karst limestone regions/sedimentary rock, mining, 3 gorges dam, paris and italy, development of sao paulo and maybe paris.And then whatever you did for the option.

Its always soo handy if you just write out the bullet points on little flashcards, because if you know the basic points (only need about 10/12) then you can use the cards to try elaborate on sentences!

Advertisement