Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voluntary Ambulance Services - Athlone

Options
  • 29-05-2012 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Im in college in athlone it and have always had an interst in joining a Voluntary Ambulance Services but am confussed with all the different orgnisation there is and which i should join. Any help would be appereachted :) Thanks

Also any info on whats involved in volenerering would be great !:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The only one I know of is the Order of Malta but I haven't heard of any other organisations running in Athlone. I have no idea when and where I'm afraid.
    I don't think the Civil Defence are operating in Athlone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Not sure about the other Vol Ambulances but there's an OMAC unit in Athlone and you can read up on info about them here

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bikemedic

There's also a Red Cross unit in athlone. They can be contacted at crossredathlone@hotmail.com

I can remember a few Athlone people ending up travelling to Ballinasloe for Civil Defence, a strong unit there. The Red Cross or OMAC look like your best bet in Athlone town though.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

We have recently launched our voluntary ambulance unit for Westmeath in Athlone a few weeks back ,we are always looking for new volunteers Drop me a pm on here and Il put you in contact wit our ADU

cheers

bk1991

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Asj

Im hopeing to do the same, what are you a member of bk1991

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Mark Finlay is OC down in Athlone OMAC, you should contact him. Great bunch of people and an active unit. They would cover the likes of electric picnic, oxygen and a few other festivals in the Midlands, as well as the standard GAA/Horse racing/Community Activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

Asj wrote: »
    Im hopeing to do the same, what are you a member of bk1991

member of the westmeath redcross if your interested in joining please pm me

Advertisement