Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners web design course

Options
  • 29-05-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm hoping to take a beginners course in Dreamweaver. Can anyone recommend a course in Cork or in Dublin? For Dublin, I would be interested in something like an intensive week (or couple of weeks) long course, as I won't be able to afford to stay up there for much longer than that :o

For Cork, the shorter the better too. My main thing is a good course over cost or anything else. I've tried a cheap course before and it was so slow that it was useless.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Why not use W3schools,

or http://www.lynda.com/ they offer training videos..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Dreamweaver is a tool. While it's not a bad tool it doesn't do a great deal more than free programs like notepad++ and firebug. If you want explore web design then learn HTML and CSS (5 and 3 are the latest versions respectively). These languages for the meat and bones of websites, and you would be better off concentrating on them rather than learning the quirks of a particular tool.

There are a bazillion resources out there to help you. Dive right in.

PM me if you want some advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

you should try and do a course in html and css rather than dreamweaver i did a fetac level 5 web authoring course and found it very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RainWing

Thanks for the suggestions!

At the moment, I'm aiming to do a course rather than using the online guide. I've used the online before and it's great, but I think I'd stay motivated if I could get out and start training in a class.

Which course did you complete, Tramoreman?

I'm looking for a video-editing course too, incase anyone out there has ideas for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Dreamweaver is a tool. While it's not a bad tool it doesn't do a great deal more than free programs like notepad++ and firebug. If you want explore web design then learn HTML and CSS (5 and 3 are the latest versions respectively). These languages for the meat and bones of websites, and you would be better off concentrating on them rather than learning the quirks of a particular tool.

There are a bazillion resources out there to help you. Dive right in.

PM me if you want some advice.

Dreamweaver it doesnt do a great more than free programs :eek: what planet are you from ?

Firebug is for debugging....

notepad ++ if you want to type everything

Let me see, with Dreamweaver i can do Ruby on Rails... PHP and have a build in ecart... which also allows me to use Adobe Contribute which allows me to link my PayPal account with my PHP site also i can do a MySQL database link with Dreamweaver.

So some how i think Adobe CS5.5 has a great more detail to it then some sh**ty notepad..

also with Dreamweaver you can have a Live view of the design without running IE or firefox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

i did a
    fetac component Web Authoring Level 5 course

i can say by using dreamweaver and notepad ++ that you do need to know code some people code some dont you should do which ever you are comfortable with

fas run part time evening courses for dreamweaver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Cork24 wrote: »
    Dreamweaver it doesnt do a great more than free programs :eek: what planet are you from ?

Firebug is for debugging....

notepad ++ if you want to type everything

Let me see, with Dreamweaver i can do Ruby on Rails... PHP and have a build in ecart... which also allows me to use Adobe Contribute which allows me to link my PayPal account with my PHP site also i can do a MySQL database link with Dreamweaver.

So some how i think Adobe CS5.5 has a great more detail to it then some sh**ty notepad..

also with Dreamweaver you can have a Live view of the design without running IE or firefox.
    FC is looking at it from the OP's perspective and his intents and purposes ie. a beginner. Once he is past that stage, then your comments are apt.

Advertisement