Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Half and half" - where to get

Options
  • 29-05-2012 9:36pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Hopefully this is the right place to post this. I am looking to get "half and half" in Dublin, its a mixture of one part milk to one part cream, used in ice cream/coffee/tea.

Having no luck finding it at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I've never seen it sold outside of the States, tbh. If I were you I'd just mix it up myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Same question here with a store named as a possibility.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74897875

I don't recall seeing it outside of the US either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Nope - never seen it. Make your own might be the only option.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Thanks guys, will try those two places listed in the other topic and will report back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

the fat content of half half is about 15 to 20 %
    the germans have a product called coffee cream that has a similar fat content.
    i.e. watered down cream for coffee.
    Also makes sense. Seeing as so many food products in the states like hot dogs, pretzels, mustard, doughnuts, beer etc all are of german origin, why not also half half ?

Maybe check Lidl/ Aldi to see if they stock such a product in Ireland.
    Might even be non refrigerated as its is normally UHT treated so can last a couple of months at room temperature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

the germans have a product called coffee cream that has a similar fat content.
    i.e. watered down cream for coffee.
    The Dutch also have something called 'koffiemelk' they use for coffee, which sounds kind of similar, but it's more like evaporated milk than cream to my taste ... vile stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

so why can't you dilute cream with milk?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Avonmore are doing a Cooking Cream now which has 50% less fat than normal cream. It might be worth a try as a substitute.

Advertisement