Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moisturizer with/without SPF??? Sun screen facial breakout..

• 29-05-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭

Ok, so think I am sensitive to sun screen on my face. I wore a regular fun screen on my face at the weekend and I broke out in spots in a bad way.

So I do not know where to go from here? I need sun screen but do I buy one separate to my moisturizer? And if so, what are the advantages of buying it separately?

I noticed that Lancome Hydrazen does not come with an spf? Why?

Thanks for helping me clear up the confusion..

So mad as I had been spot free for a while now,..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

You should try institut esthederm. Their sun protection products are different to most other brands in that they allow the good sun rays-vit d through to your skin but block the bad ones. Alumunium free too. Generally its advised to use seperate spf to your moisturizer as you cant top up on spf but its not advised to top up on moisturizer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭sporina

slowmoe wrote: »
    You should try institut esthederm. Their sun protection products are different to most other brands in that they allow the good sun rays-vit d through to your skin but block the bad ones. Alumunium free too. Generally its advised to use seperate spf to your moisturizer as you cant top up on spf but its not advised to top up on moisturizer

thanks for the reply. Where would i get this and how much does it cost? It is a sun blocker or screen?

With regards as to whether spf should be separate or not, the sales assistant on the lancome counter told me that most products do not have an SPF as some people are sensitive to the product when mixed, as mixing SPF with the moisturizer causes a chemical reaction to which some people are sensitive to. Was she talking giggerbrish?

I hear you on the topping up of SPF though - that makes sense. Also, I know that by adding SPF, it changes the colour of a product.

Advertisement