Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for jumble

Options
  • 29-05-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

We are running a jumble sale/ raffle in aid of Sligo Animal Rescue and the Donkey Sanctuary on June 23rd in the Methodist Hall.
    If anyone has any good quality bric-a-brac, books, toys, clothes etc that they would like to donate please get in touch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Great cause, where can we leave stuff in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I'l see if I can dig out a few bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fordey101

Is that just opposite the cinema? I am just about to do a clear out of my wardrobe, I can definitely donate a few bits and pieces :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thanks a million, it would be great if you could bring the things on the day (it is opposite the cinema). If not send me a pm and I'll pick it up before then.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I have some nice perfume and cosmetic sets left over from Xmas that I will never get around to using. Would these be any use?

• Advertisement

They would be perfect lubie76 thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭SligoLady

magnumlady, I posted under your message on Sligo Animal Rescue's facebook page earlier in the week. I love jumble sales and actually brought loads of stuff to sell at one a few months ago, where I made a handsome sum of €90.:o

I have a good bit of stuff left over (and a lot more gathered since) that I was keeping for another fun day of selling but I'd much rather see it going to aid the Sligo Animal Rescue and the Donkey Sanctuary than my own pockets as I'm a huge animal welfare supporter but can't afford to donate much in money or time at the moment so this is the perfect way for me to do something to help.:)

I'm going to sort through it all over the weekend and will arrange to meet you early next week ;)

Thank you SligoLady, that's very kind of you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

What time does the sale start at?

What time does the sale start at?

It will probably start at 10am. Just got to confirm it with the lady helping me run it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

I have some stuff I can give you. Will you take gently used children's toys?

MoonDancer wrote: »
    I have some stuff I can give you. Will you take gently used children's toys?

Yes we would be very grateful, thank you.:D

Just bumping this up incase anyone has anything they can donate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

magnumlady wrote: »
    Just bumping this up incase anyone has anything they can donate.

I've got a pile of old cds in good condition, would you take things like that?

I've got a pile of old cds in good condition, would you take things like that?

Yes please that would be great. :)

More details about the day here: https://www.facebook.com/events/353633748040411/

Just to let you know we raised 1594 from our jumble sale. The raffle is still to come. Thanks so much to anyone who helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

well done magnumlady, it was really well laid out. Was very impressed with how much good jumble you got :).

Got myself a very nice brown baker boy hat I'd only said that morning I "needed" :D Delight :D

Are tickets for the raffle still being sold? If so I can spread the word on FB.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    well done magnumlady, it was really well laid out. Was very impressed with how much good jumble you got :).

Got myself a very nice brown baker boy hat I'd only said that morning I "needed" :D Delight :D

Are tickets for the raffle still being sold? If so I can spread the word on FB.

Glad you got a bargain :D We had loads of jumble, people were really great at donating things. The raffle tickets aren't on sale yet as we are waiting on a permit but as soon as we get that I'll post up. If you keep an eye on our Facebook page it'll be up there: https://www.facebook.com/SupportSligoAnimalRescue

Advertisement