Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elastic band for leg muscles strenghtening stretches

• 29-05-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

A physio gave me a piece of elastic band which would go around my legs and I've been using it to do stretches which he recommended. They help me strengthen some muscles which help me not to experience a running injury I had been having.

Problem is... it snapped... so I tied a second knot... then it snapped again... so I tied another knot.

Now it's way too tight. I think I need to get a new one.

Is there somewhere in dublin city center (grafton st area?) that I can get one?

Is this something I need to go back to the physio for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Slydice wrote: »
    A physio gave me a piece of elastic band which would go around my legs and I've been using it to do stretches which he recommended. They help me strengthen some muscles which help me not to experience a running injury I had been having.

Problem is... it snapped... so I tied a second knot... then it snapped again... so I tied another knot.

Now it's way too tight. I think I need to get a new one.

Is there somewhere in dublin city center (grafton st area?) that I can get one?

Is this something I need to go back to the physio for?

I assume its theraband. They come in different colours, depending on
    how strong it is.

http://www.assistireland.ie/eng/Products_Directory/Healthcare_Products/Exercise_Equipment/Theraband_Exercise_Products/Thera-Band_Resistive_Exercise_Band.html

You can buy big rolls of it online but if you need a few metres, I sould suggest finding a local physio clinic that sell it, maybe this crowd.

http://functionaltraining.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭GKiraly

A bicycle tube will do the trick, and that WONT snap ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Hrmm, I was hoping I'd just be able to walk into town on my lunch break. I can only find packs of them online and I'm not sure what to get. I've emailed the physio asking for advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Slydice wrote: »
    Hrmm, I was hoping I'd just be able to walk into town on my lunch break. I can only find packs of them online and I'm not sure what to get. I've emailed the physio asking for advice.

Find a physio in town, and take it into them and ask if they sell it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Physio said I could drop out to him and get them or try http://www.physioneeds.biz/ which is on Bath St in Ringsend. I said I'd try the shop so that I could get my exercises done this evening.

The number "1" bus picks up at Townsend St goes right to the shop (and back again if you cross the road)

It was a theraband I got. He gave me a blue and said it'd be stronger than the green.

It smells like chocolate. MUST NOT EAT THE BAND. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement