Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super/Australian Tax Office link??

Options
  • 29-05-2012 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Quick dilemma that I am looking for help with. I was in Oz for 4 months in 2010, and worked up some super ($550 I think) and obviously paid taxes while working.

I went through Taxback to claim back my tax after I had left and they advised me that I actually owed about $900! I think this is because I was paying tax on the basis of being there for a year, but actually left after 4 months. I ignored Taxback when they told me this and also didn't chase up my super, cos I thought that they would be linked to the tax office and therefore I would end up being more out of pocket if they chased me up on the tax after I alerted them to it.

What do people think? Is it worth me trying to claim my super, or would I more than likely be stung on the tax?

Cheers in advance of any advice!! :)

Advertisement