Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US and Canada visas

Options
  • 30-05-2012 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

im after getting a scholarship from my college to go study in new york for 3 months starting in August. im finished college as of this summer so i dont have to return.

The thing is, I have a lot of friends in Canada and i want to go up there after i finish college in New york. Is it possible for me to get a visa for both US and Canada or does anyone know how i go about it, or who i should contact? Id like to get a years working visa for canada.

Help with this is much appreciated!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

*** Moving from USA/ Canada Travel to Living Abroad, where Canadian visa questions go for now ****

There is no joint visa. What visa will you be using for your US studies? Most will allow 30 days after your course is over to travel around, but you cannot work during this time. Working visas for the USA are difficult to get, but Canadian ones seem easier. Not sure you could get that sorted before August though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

agh!! wrote: »
    Hi,

im after getting a scholarship from my college to go study in new york for 3 months starting in August. im finished college as of this summer so i dont have to return.

The thing is, I have a lot of friends in Canada and i want to go up there after i finish college in New york. Is it possible for me to get a visa for both US and Canada or does anyone know how i go about it, or who i should contact? Id like to get a years working visa for canada.

Help with this is much appreciated!

:)

Working holiday visa is closed for 2012 for Canada I'm afraid it will reopen probably around December

Advertisement