Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on what to sell - Great worldwide shipping rates

Options
  • 30-05-2012 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all ,

Just looking for some advice really . I may have access to some really really competitive tracked shipping rates in the near future . These rates include a flat rate of anything up to 20kg worldwide .

The hard part is to decide what to sell ? Is Ebay the way to go for a worldwide audience or do I have any alternatives ? I know its a very broad question but if I get any suggestions it would be great .

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

eBay is the easiest way, the best way would be through your own website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

ebay/paypal charge extortionate fee's .... its a little bit here ...a little bit there ...but it all adds up !!

The good thing for you is that you can make extra profit on shipping fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 apintpls

I'd say starting with eBay and see whether you can make profit from it. eBay charges fees but at least saves you a lot on setting up your own website and payment system, and promoting your site and product.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ketllek

Thanks peeps , yeah looking into EBay as an option starting off . Will look to posting products with free worldwide shipping in te hope to attract sales .
    Now just to find a few things to sell .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

What shipping rates are you hoping to get and why do you think your rates would be any better than your competitors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

As above I would be interested to know what great worldwide shipping rates actually equates to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ketllek

Hey guys , well maybe not brilliant but somewhere between 20 - 30€ per package tracked worldwide up to 20kg . It's through a friend of a friend . I guess whatever I decide to try and sell would have to have higher value as to be able to absorb the shipping cost and still make a margin .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

thats not that cheap DPD is around 16 euro for a box around europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I believe the DPD rates in the UK are even lower than the rates we can get off DPD here.

OP I would focus on the EU market at first.:)

Advertisement