Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying for jobs

• 30-05-2012 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,

I am a newly qualified secondary school teacher, just finished my undergraduate degree this year. Since my results haven't been given yet, I was wondering if I can apply for jobs anyway or not-I've been looking around and spotted a few which I really want to apply for! So when is the best time to look and apply for a teaching job in a second level school?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Have you done your H.dip yet? When you say undergrad I'm not sure if you mean your primary degree.

Anyway simply put results pending or "expected results x.x". I applied for jobs awaiting results of my h.dip and got interviews from them so apply away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

The poster might have done a concurrent secondary education degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yeah, definitely apply. I presume you wont be waiting much longer for your results? Just put 'results pending' on your CV or application form. There's no harm in applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lisa234

Ah sorry should have been more specific-I just finished a degree in science with concurrent teacher education..thanks for the replies, I'll get to it so!

Advertisement