Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on singing voice?

Options
  • 30-05-2012 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Heya,

Singing is something I love doing, but I've never really considered myself good at it, I'd usually just avoid singing in front of others. My friend got me to put a clip on Youtube so she could hear it, and she said she liked it, but for me it sounds all wrong. If any of you guys could give it a listen, and give me some advice on how to try and improve, it'd mean a lot.

Thanks a lot guys.. I hope this isn't against the rules

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Hi there,

Firstly- you definitely have a voice and you have a nice tone. It does need a bit of work. The areas that I think you could work on is your diction (pronunciation of words) and pay attention to which words/syllables you give emphasis to. Your voice is nasally which robs you of tone and it sounds like you also use your throat to sing, instead of the power coming from the diaphragm. These techniques can be easily learned with a good coach. If it's something that you love to do, then go and get coaching. You won't look back. :)

The song that you posted needs to be lifted somewhat. It does sound a bit lifeless in parts. That could just be down to recording yourself and feeling self conscious though. But it was just an observation that I thought I'd mention.

Seriously though- you've a good foundation on which to build. Good for you, man. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sugar!

Wurly wrote: »
    Hi there,

Firstly- you definitely have a voice and you have a nice tone. It does need a bit of work. The areas that I think you could work on is your diction (pronunciation of words) and pay attention to which words/syllables you give emphasis to. Your voice is nasally which robs you of tone and it sounds like you also use your throat to sing, instead of the power coming from the diaphragm. These techniques can be easily learned with a good coach. If it's something that you love to do, then go and get coaching. You won't look back. :)

The song that you posted needs to be lifted somewhat. It does sound a bit lifeless in parts. That could just be down to recording yourself and feeling self conscious though. But it was just an observation that I thought I'd mention.

Seriously though- you've a good foundation on which to build. Good for you, man. ;)

Thanks a lot, that's great advice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Declan_de_Vito

Hey I think with singing lessons you could become pretty good :D You singing some easy going tunes over an acoustic guitar seems like it would suit... keep it up dude :)

Advertisement