Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace fore-end.

Options
  • 30-05-2012 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to replace the fore end or repair a crack in the wood? what sort of money are we looking at.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Is it possible to replace the fore end or repair a crack in the wood? what sort of money are we looking at.

For what model?

This is where if the answer is Remington 870, 1100, or whatever, the answer is cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

im posting for a friend but i know its a fairly new o/u baikal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

im posting for a friend but i know its a fairly new o/u baikal.
    Yeah, that commie wood is brittle. The same thing happened to me. I'm in the states and my IZH-27 had to go back because cartridges were slipping under the auto ejectors.

Fair play to Baikal or EAA over here. They replaced the ejectors and the stock (without my asking) even though the gun was technically out of warranty.

I bet you could wood glue the thing. Check out prices here and at home and let me know how it goes.

Slan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Pat Sludds would be a good man to talk to.

www.gunstocks.ie
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

I had the forend on my Beretta crack. I glued the crack with epoxy and put a light layer of glass cloth on the inside. perfect. degreasing is the key.
    edi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭goss101

i replaced the forend on my beretta 686, cost 180 euro i think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

With the amount of guns that are being scrapped at this moment in time a ringaround of a few gundealers should sort you out for a foreend for a Baikal for a reasonable price I would think.

Advertisement