Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tanked (TV show)

Options
  • 30-05-2012 5:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭

You guys at home get this?

Just started showing it on discovery over here, Orange County Choppers meets fish; massive over the top Americans, lots of crazy and useless stuff built into tanks, family business etc that kind of thing.
    Totally trash TV but at the same time shows some pretty cool tanks and fish.

One thing I don't get is they seem to just fill tanks up with tap water, (edit some boring part out) and have the fish in within a couple of hours. How's that done so fast, are 1,000 gallon tanks just able to cope without the same tedious cycling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I suppose they could be using some pre-cycled filters. I'm on a US aquarium forum too, and you should hear what they say about the surface area/oxygen transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Was thinking exactly the same thing. I think in the second or third episode they fill a tank with hot water then put ice in it to bring the temp down. A few hours later fish and corals in :eek: I thought the corals were more sensible to the water conditions then fish. Don't know how are they doing it but seems a little bit fishy to me.

Advertisement