Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport/I.D disaster oz Help!

Options
  • 30-05-2012 6:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I was on here yesterday suggesting pubs for the euros and getting excited then had a nightmare evening i noticed i had lost my passport on a night out at the weekend i have went to the pub and checked the local police station to no avail anyway here is my dilemma.

i only had one form of I.D my passport so dont know what im going do getting into bars and clubs i dont drive so dont have a drivers license

from my reading on here best way to get a new passport is ring the embassy but its a 7 week wait which runs my euros weekends and possibly work its an absolute nightmare any advice is greatly appreciated

1}how do i get into pubs
    2) how do i get a new id eg:ozzy age card without an id
    3) how do i get a new passport back quicker than 7 weeks plus my visa relates to my old passport number

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

darcy07 wrote: »

1}how do i get into pubs
    Get early before the ID ing starts, but if you look young outta luck.
    2) how do i get a new id eg:ozzy age card without an id
    Check the RTA, in NSW you need one from List 1 and one from List 2.
    http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/proofidentity/proof_list12.html
    But looks like you need something from the Irish consulate, as birth cert needs a passport.

3) how do i get a new passport back quicker than 7 weeks plus my visa relates to my old passport number
    Again ring the embassy and ask them can you get it quick, maybe not mention it's for drinking though, could you be possibly heading over to New Zealand in June by any chance?

When you get your new passport you can link the visa number easily by contacting your nearest visa place, mine took about 30mins in sydney

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭darcy07

ok have great news rang the taxi companies lost and found section that i was in on saturday night and they have my passport so now that im over that scare i have to get another form of I.D so as im in victoria im going to apply for a proof of age card however you need a referee from a government office that has known you for a 12 month period what do i do know?

any other forms of I.d you suggest i get??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

http://www.keypass.com.au/18yo_mainframe.htm

However you need some way of proving your age can your folks scan your birth cert and send it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Why is access to pubs more important than access to your visa...?

thanks for the help guys appreciate it reason why id is important to me is i no longer want to bring my passport out and the fact the euros start soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

endacl wrote: »
    Why is access to pubs more important than access to your visa...?
    Access to a visa?
    His visa isn't gone now that his passport is.
    darcy07 wrote: »
    thanks for the help guys appreciate it reason why id is important to me is i no longer want to bring my passport out and the fact the euros start soon
    Do you look very young.

As it should be a problem finding a place that will let you in without ID for matches

I dont look too young but my experience of oz thus far is you need I.D

I have hit a new stumbling block for the victoria age card and the keypass card you need to get a government official (eg:police) to sign the documents saying they know you for a year and you are who you say you are ???

anyone get a keypass card over here yet how did they get around this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Can you prove you are who you say you are in any way?

Advertisement