Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips BDP 3000 Blu-Ray Player

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭cdemt1

Cheap for that model but this has been replaced by the Phillips 3200.

Whatever about Grabone, the product is being supplied by Luzern a couple of times. Had one defective product and they dealt with the problem well.

Have a different model Philips Blu-Ray and have found it excellent and reliable.

If you use a lot of digital media you might want something different. I dont think this unit plays formats like MKV etc, and dont think it plays from a USB connection, only from a data disk.

For a little bit more you could get better functionality from other brands or even models within the Philips range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

cdemt1 wrote: »
    Cheap for that model but this has been replaced by the Phillips 3200.

Whatever about Grabone, the product is being supplied by Luzern a couple of times. Had one defective product and they dealt with the problem well.

Have a different model Philips Blu-Ray and have found it excellent and reliable.

If you use a lot of digital media you might want something different. I dont think this unit plays formats like MKV etc, and dont think it plays from a USB connection, only from a data disk.

For a little bit more you could get better functionality from other brands or even models within the Philips range

I have one of these, it does not play avi mkv etc from the usb port out of the box , but Philips have a firmware upgrade on their website you copy onto a usb key and run from the main menu. It works great then and plays most formats from what I can tell. Price is great imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Does it support long file names and NTFS disks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

bennyc wrote: »
    I have one of these, it does not play avi mkv etc from the usb port out of the box , but Philips have a firmware upgrade on their website you copy onto a usb key and run from the main menu. It works great then and plays most formats from what I can tell. Price is great imo.

It doesn't play movies for the USB stick?

I see a lot of player don't do this from the rear USB port which a PITA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I had this player a number of months back and returned it as it wouldn't play the newer Blu-ray disks like Alien Movies etc. Mybe that's been fixed by firmware updates though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

BostonB wrote: »
    It doesn't play movies for the USB stick?

I see a lot of player don't do this from the rear USB port which a PITA.

As bennyc says, It does play movies from the USB in a couple of formats, it plays DivX, WMV. Also plays MP3, JPEG, WMA if you have the most up to date firmware.

Its not a great Bluray player, but I have mine a couple of years and it does the job ok. I only paid 80 for it then though, so this isn't the massive saving it makes out.
    I had this player a number of months back and returned it as it wouldn't play the newer Blu-ray disks like Alien Movies etc. Mybe that's been fixed by firmware updates though.

Directors cut of Aliens still doesn't work on mine properly, there is a workaround though. You have to start watching the film by going through the chapters menu. Bit ridiculous Philips never bothered to fix it but there you go.

I got this free when we got new windows fitted.

I only really use it to play movies off a USB stick. But yes you do have to upgrade the firmware, as it does not support USB out of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

juansheet wrote: »

You're not telling us it's a bargain you're asking if it's a bargain right?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

I think I've seen this in HMV grafton st. for €60.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

bbbbb wrote: »
    I think I've seen this in HMV grafton st. for €60.

Actually the one in HMV Is a newer model I think the 3200 ?

Advertisement