Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training for Marathon and sore back

Options
  • 30-05-2012 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all

I dont know if this is the right forum but I will try it anyway. I am doing the Dublin Marathon for charity and started training about a week and a half ago. My training consists of doing laps on the tarmac of a park across the road and trying a few stretches. my legs are fine as I am well used to walking - i walk to work everyday and love walking. But my lower back is now very sore, especially when I am trying to sleep in bed. When I try to get up, all the muscles in my lower back tend to tighten up and give a sharp pain. Even turning in the bed causes this and is very sore. I have never had back problems till now and it isnt my footwear as i got expensive runners with moulded soles designed for my feet. I dont know what to do as I want to keep training, even a little bit a day but it wont let me. I have been watching my posture also while running and am trying a few back stretches but it doesnt seem to work. Has anyone any ideas? I am going to try cycling for a bit in the hope it eases the pressure of my back to find a solution.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement