Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch ideas near Trinity/Graften Street

Options
  • 30-05-2012 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Will be in Trinty and was wondering where is nice for lunch in that area or in and around Graften Street. Nothing too fancy just suitable for adults and teenagers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Avoca on Suffolk Street is gorgeous, but usually bedlam at lunchtime - not sure if you can book - but very very good.

Dawson Street has a lot of restaurants/cafes. There's The Farm organic restaurant (not sure what it's like, never eaten there, but heard good things). Carluccios for Italian. Lemon for sweet/savoury pancakes (very casual).

Cafe in Kilkenny shop? Haven't been there in yonks, no idea what it's like these days.

And there's about a million little restaurants/cafes in Temple Bar - wander around and see what takes your fancy.

You won't go hungry!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

KC Peaches on Nassau Street is awesome.

If the weather's good it's hard to beat grabbing a Yum Thai on Duke Street and sitting in the Pav in trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Captain America's in Grafton Street does fairly decent food

Trinity has two restaurants (although the food is more canteen-quality rather than restaurant-quality) which aren't too pricy and have plenty of seats. The Buttery, which is near Front gate would probably be your best bet. There is also a café in the Arts block where you can get stuff and then either hang around the seating there, grab some seats outside, or sit by the grass.

If you go out the Nassau St. entrance of Trinity, there's a Costa coffee right outside, on the corner, with lots of downstairs seating. The food and coffee there is really nice, much better quality than the Trinity restaurants but slightly more expensive. Still less expensive than the likes of KC Peaches and some other places. There's a Lemon on Dawson St. too which is lovely!

Nassau St. and Dawson St. really are full of restaurants and cafés, so there's no need to worry if anywhere is too busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

While I've never been, the cafe in the Alliance Francaise on Nassau St is meant to be lovely.

http://alliance-francaise.ie/cafe/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

eVeNtInE wrote: »

I must have been unlucky with KC Peaches, I've eaten there twice and both times the food was fairly average.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

reprazant wrote: »
    While I've never been, the cafe in the Alliance Francaise on Nassau St is meant to be lovely.

http://alliance-francaise.ie/cafe/

I always go there! It's a great place, you will pretty much always get a table at lunchtime, it's casual yet delicious, and you have lots of people speaking french which is pretty cool!

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    lizt wrote: »
    I must have been unlucky with KC Peaches, I've eaten there twice and both times the food was fairly average.

Oh I meant the portion-size/price ratio. For example, a large americano in Costa isn't particularly cheap, but I need two hands to lift the cup! Whereas I went to KC Peaches once and I thought the food was lovely but the portions just couldn't fill me up with the money I had.

That said, I'm a creature of habit and probably like Costa more because I go there so often.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

The Duke pub on Duke Street is a nice clean pub with good food. The joint of the day is usually about €12-13 but the portions are absolutely gigantic and too much for lunch IMO.

However you can ask for a half portion which is still a quite decent size and costs €7,50 which is a bargain for lunch so close to Grafton Street.

Otherwise I just ate in Burritos and Blues today opposite John Keheos on South Ann Street- delicious burritos, tacos, etc for €5-6.50, highly recommended.

Advertisement