Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I say Holmes, something's a foot!

• 30-05-2012 9:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

Strange case in Canada.
    Someone of there there is posting out body parts to people!
    Canadian police are investigating the discovery of body parts in two cities, including a decomposing human foot that was sent to the headquarters of the country’s governing Conservative Party - police found a severed foot inside.

They intercepted another second suspicious package containing another human body part. Supposedly found at a postal depot near by.
    But the gruesome discovery of body parts was not confined to Ottawa. Police in Montreal, about 160 miles (200km) away, were investigating the discovery of a severed torso in a suitcase found among a pile of garbage behind an apartment building. Authorities in both cities were trying to determine whether there might be a link between the various body parts.

LINK

Anyone missing a foot this morning?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

This is toe-tally weird..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Leeg17 wrote: »
    This is toe-tally weird..

:pac:

Very good! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Worst way to play hangman, ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Gotta hand it to ya op, this story has legs!!

I wonder who they will point the finger at?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Some body has come to a sticky end!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

If CSI has thought me anything there'll be semen on the foot and that's how they'll catch the killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

No doubt, Shin Fein will be blamed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Jeez, the P&P must cost a small fortune.

I'm sure the long arm of the law will finger someone for it. The Mounties always get their man. Or woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Probably someone who cant make up their mind politically. They want to keep a foot in both camps.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

the price of stamps must cost an arm and a leg.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I am sure over time they will manage to piece this one together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Goddamn An Post, those parts were supposed to go to Ryan Tubridy's hou.............ah..........uh, I mean.........how terrible.

*cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

There will probably be someone who doesn't open their mail and it will turn out like the missing piece in a jigsaw where the whole thing will be ruined and we won't get to see the full body of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I prefer when things are abreast, rather than afoot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Biggins wrote: »
    Authorities in both cities were trying to determine whether there might be a link between the various body parts.

Surely that just means pending DNA results no, or are they all inbred over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Might be connect to this in 2008

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7458468.stm

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

it must cost an arm and a leg to post a torso to montreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

If its not one thing it's another sure.

/strolls off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

smash wrote: »
    I prefer when things are abreast, rather than afoot.
    Good luck squeezing a pair of breasts into your shoes in any practical fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jorcky

Might be connect to this in 2008

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7458468.stm

I read about that before, they reckon it's people jumping off a bridge nearby and the tide is sweeping their feet to shore months later, because feet detach quickly in water due to minimal tissue and honeycomb bone structure at the ankle joint, and most float because the soles of shoes are usually made from buoyant materials.

Still effin creepy though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement