Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives Colas to Cork/Pepsi

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Country spring isn't too bad, tends to go flat very quickly though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I don't really drink fizzy drinks anymore, but I used to like Tesco's Diet Cola – found it almost as nice as the Coca-Cola version and it was only 49c. Never drink the full-sugar version so can't speak for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I like tescos cheapest diet cola, tesco have all these new brand names which are not obviously tesco at first, like the "curry leaf" range of indian sauces. This one is called "sun sip", 55c for 2L, I prefer it to their normal tesco cola, they also have a premium tesco cola which tastes very similar to the sunsip one. The premium one uses sucralose as the sweetner which many prefer both taste & health wise. I see that site only gives sunsip 2/5 so it might be my cheap taste!

Coke zero is my favourite, very like real coke.
    Country spring isn't too bad, tends to go flat very quickly though
    Probably the massive bottle and the fact 3L takes longer to drink. My method is to always prechill a bottle before opening. And when pouring never let it "glug" out of the bottle, i.e. keep the angle steady so its a constant steady pour and the neck of the bottle is never full, when finished slowly level the bottle up again and store it upright in the fridge door. When its on its side it swishes about too much when handling, and it has a bigger surface area to let gas off. You can keep your old flat cola and use it for cleaning stuff, like limescale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Perhaps Jolt cola? Lucozade have a cola but it is fairly mediocre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Virgin cola was nice when it was sold in the 90's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Diet colas are a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Fentiman's Curiosity Cola which you can get in Tesco and Superquinn. Tastes great and I tend to use it as a mixer sometimes. Nice zing to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Andremac96

Dunnes stores cola for 50c is v.nice recommended

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

+1 to Fentiman's cola, it's so delicious. I don't drink soft drinks anymore, but am still partial to that every once in a while :)

Not a big fan of their other flavours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Dunnes have started selling Barrs drinks from Scotland, I normally get the cream soda, but have tried their Cola a few times and find it nice, it is similar to Virgin Cola taste-wise (pretty sweet as it is made from kola nuts), remember that stuff from my youth :D A six-pack costs about €3.50

50308.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

I drink diet cola's from both Lidl and Aldi,both taste reasonably good,Lidl's one is slightly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Where can I get Red Bull Cola?

That stuff rocked the jungle! Havent seen it in ages :(

Advertisement