Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New invention, How to duscuss but protect

Options
  • 30-05-2012 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi Guy's
    I have a new product/invention and I want to discuss with a large company about producing it...but how do I discuss the product and also protect myself and my idea?

How do I do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

Sorry to hijack, but me too.

Is it considered "proof" if I registered post myself drawings and a detail description and spec of the idea, and obviously leave unopened?

Safe guards against going to a fabricators and they just modifying and producing the product, on the basis that they think it good too.

Is there information as to the proceedure, and costs, involved in obtaining patents, easily available online? Just info reading at the moment but if it is a runner obviously will need to know.

Any info welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Krispie wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack, but me too.

Is it considered "proof" if I registered post myself drawings and a detail description and spec of the idea, and obviously leave unopened?

Safe guards against going to a fabricators and they just modifying and producing the product, on the basis that they think it good too.

Is there information as to the proceedure, and costs, involved in obtaining patents, easily available online? Just info reading at the moment but if it is a runner obviously will need to know.

Any info welcome.

I am going to local Enterprise board for advice on this.
    I doubt very much that the "posting to yourself would be any good legally"
    I will keep you updated.

Advertisement