Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Problem with my Modem

Options
  • 30-05-2012 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello, I recieved my modem yesterday, and have set it up this morning only to find out that the connection is horrible, its worse than what I had before, It wont even open a webpage, the dsl in on constant so I assume it has been connected up and such down at my exchange, I't says my signal strength is "weak" and "poor", I am close to the modem, closer to a friend who's modem work fine. Just wondering what in the world is going on ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Conorp55 wrote: »
    Hello, I recieved my modem yesterday, and have set it up this morning only to find out that the connection is horrible, its worse than what I had before, It wont even open a webpage, the dsl in on constant so I assume it has been connected up and such down at my exchange, I't says my signal strength is "weak" and "poor", I am close to the modem, closer to a friend who's modem work fine. Just wondering what in the world is going on ?

Hi Conorp55,

Everything is testing fine from the network side since you set up the new modem

would you mind trying the checklist - http://bit.ly/K8ZA4P if you can & get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Conorp55

Cheers for checking mark, the speed seems to be ok now, but the range of the modem seems to be quite limited, any suggestions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Conorp55 wrote: »
    Cheers for checking mark, the speed seems to be ok now, but the range of the modem seems to be quite limited, any suggestions ?

Thanks Conorp55,

Glad to hear your broadband speed is fine again. The following LINK or our Community Forum may give you some suggestions regarding your modem -

Community.eircom.net

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement