Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GSX-R 600

• 30-05-2012 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Price check lads...how much would you pay for this GSX-R 600 2007 with 20,000km on her...she's purty!! Private sale, no warranty, in very good condition

24305_0_1_4_gsx-r%20600_Image%20credits%20-%20Suzuki.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

4,5 - 5,5 depending on condition and extras :)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Wossack wrote: »
    4,5 - 5,5 depending on condition and extras :)

seems about right!!! fingers crossed i'll be posting a pic of me on it in the coming days! :)

Im no expert, just had a check on donedeal etc

at the cheaper end they were looking at 4200 or slightly less, but they typically werent on irish plates, so you had vrt ontop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

at the cheaper end they were looking at 4200 or slightly less, but they typically werent on irish plates, so you had vrt ontop

yup but that will make the sugestion totaly right --> 4,5 up to 5,5

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

was that the one up in monaghan? thought that was on the cheap side alright. Looking at a few on pistonheads in the uk it seems to fit into the price range you said.

The thing is now if I do pick this machine up, i'll be losing sleep worrying about it being nicked! It'll be going in the driveway so i'll have to put in a ground anchor and double lock it. Theres an alarm on it and I got a set a golf clubs by the door!! After that cant see what else i can so...suppose no point in worrying about it...thats what the insurance is for.

• Advertisement

I remember worrying like that :) insurance is there, god forbid, for such an occasion, so try not to

yep, do what you can really. One of the best security devices imo, vastly overlooked for more and more chains/locks, is a cover. Stick one of them on it, and its great camoflague - hopefully reduce drunks hopping up on it in the middle of the night, random begruding vandalising etc. Take it off on very windy days though, as it acts like a sail, and may knock a bike over

Cant really stop the most professional/determined thief though at the end of the day - but yep, thats what insurance is for :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

I bought a K7 600 last summer, paid just under 5k for it. Only 7k KMs on it when I picked it up, lad had it as a weekend toy.

4.5 - 5k is what I'd be paying for a clean low miler now.

Security wise, I park mine in the driveway, chain through back wheel attached to anchor and disc lock on front wheel. It's under a cover too with a sensor light above it. Not. Much else you can do unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

DaveD wrote: »
    I bought a K7 600 last summer, paid just under 5k for it. Only 7k KMs on it when I picked it up, lad had it as a weekend toy.

4.5 - 5k is what I'd be paying for a clean low miler now.

Security wise, I park mine in the driveway, chain through back wheel attached to anchor and disc lock on front wheel. It's under a cover too with a sensor light above it. Not. Much else you can do unfortunately.

if they wanna take it they will do.

One of the best things is alarm called "GORILLA" from US model 8017 - with pager - 1 mile range - that will notice you if something happend to your baby. it cost about 180e delivered to your door. + instalation

i have my bike heavy chained with oxford heavy chain on front + kryptonite U lock on the back, + disc lock + covered. based in the driveway.

:)

Advertisement